The "Will my phone get an ICS update" thread.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: The "Will my phone get an ICS update" thread.

anybody here owns an Xperia S? have you received any information about the ICS update?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

I own and use the Xperia S. I spoke to Sony Canada in which told me Rogers has the update and they are the ones taking the long time. It upsets me because its a flag ship phone from Sony and Rogers takes its time updating the phones they have. No excuses or anything.

Hopefully by the end of Aug we may get it.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

awe.. i feel irritated on waiting for the update for so long.. 😧

on another topic.. Do you know if Beats Tour's function are compatible with Xperia S? Like Microphone, VOlume COntrol, etc?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Well it does not because Sony uses a different headphone jack then the rest. Its still the same 3.5 mm jack but the gold jacks inside are a little different. The headphones will work but not the controls. This is something Sony has failed to see & change.

If you want to use the Dr Dre headphones, they come with a another normal cord you can use OR if you only have that one, you can plug in the head phones & press & hold the Volume + & it will work.