The "Will my phone get an ICS update" thread.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: The "Will my phone get an ICS update" thread.

I have the Galaxy Nexus. Any information on where I can get custom ICS? I really want to upgrade to 4.04 and I don't want to keep waiting forever. :S

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for the list.  I await the update for my Sony Xperia Arc.  Why does it seem

to take so long for Rogers to process these updates and then make them available?

Is it a staffing issue?  Adding all of that bloatware can't take THAT LONG.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

It sucks how in Canada, we can't even get 4.04. Kinda makes me want to get an iPhone (even though I HATE Apple and its products) just because iPhones at least get updates regularly.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Skladman, you've heard of xda?
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Nope, never heard of XDA.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Phone                                         Factory (ETA)     Rogers (ETA)    Custom ICS ROM                                             

Acer Liquid E                             Never.                 Never.                  Work in Progress            

Acer Liquid Metal                      Never.                 Never.                  Work in Progress            

HTC Jetstream (Tab)               Never.                 Never.                  Bootloader Locked            

HTC One X                                Released          Released             Bootloader Locked            

HTC Raider                               Released          Released             Bootloader Locked            

LG Optimus 3D                        Released          Released                       

Motorola RAZR                         Released           unknown              Bootloader Locked            

Samsung Galaxy Nexus        4.1.1   (JB)          4.0.1-2                 Available

Samsung Galaxy Note            Released          unknown              Available           

Samsung Galaxy Q                  unknown            unknown             Probably not?            

Samsung Galaxy Rugby         unknown            unknown              I have no idea…            

Samsung Galaxy S Glide       unknown            unknown              Probably not?            

Samsung Galaxy SII LTE        Released           Released             Available            

Samsung Galaxy Tab              Released             unknown           Available  

Samsung Galaxy Infuse          unknown            unknown            available    

Sony Xperia Arc                         Released           unknown            Locked (a)           

Sony Xperia Arc S                     Released           unknown            Locked (a)           

Sony Xperia Play                       Never.                  Never.                 Work in Progress            

Sony Xperia S                            Released           unknown            Available          

Sony Xperia X10                       Never.                  Never.                 Locked (a)

Highlighted
I've Been Around

How about Sony Xperia Mini Pro??

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Skladman, Google XDA - you'll find loads of information about how you can get ICS for lots of different phones & "pure" ics at that!
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

AT&T said the Captivate Glide will get ICS and that was back in March. http://gizmodo.com/5895686/a-bunch-of-att-android-phones-are-about-to-get-an-ice-cream-sandwich-upda...

So still waiting so the guys at XDA can make a custom ROM and I can load it.
Highlighted
I'm an Enthusiast

This thread should be called will my phone get a update