The "Will my phone get an ICS update" thread.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: The "Will my phone get an ICS update" thread.

Plenty of custom ROMs to be honest for the captivate (similarity to Nexus S ftw)  Heck there are even Jelly Bean ROMs out for it already.

I can't edit the posts more than once...I really don't get that restriction.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I just read this from another thread

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1735746

Apparently Its a Rogers Razr ICS 4.0.4 leak

Highlighted
I've Been Around

should I wait for Rogers or go for xda? If Rogers stop loading craps on the software, we shouldn't have to wait at all! sigh!
Highlighted

To be fair to Rogers...I doubt it's adding the bloatware that takes time. (it takes about 2 seconds to push apps to the system directory, maybe a couple hours to compile a new ROM)

More likely they are testing the software on some ISO approved schedule that requires them to have the firmware for X amount of days, including back end work to ensure compatibility.  (That said...the GNex doesn't have these problems regardless of ROM)

Generally speaking, if you aren't rooted and don't really want to bother with custom ROMs just wait.  GB was and still is a good bit of operating system.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Any ideas on an update for the Samsung Galaxy S Infuse 4G?

After Extensive searching the internet, I can say with perfect certainty...

Maybe.

Infuse isn't listed on Samsung's official blog as one of the phones getting the ICS upgrade, however there have been contacts with Samsung support that indicate that it will come.

...custom ROMs for the infuse aren't 100% yet. 

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

HTC Evo 3D just had ICS released last night, and the HTC Raider is available today as well.

Highlighted

Phone                                         Factory (ETA)     Rogers (ETA)    Custom ICS ROM                                             

Acer Liquid E                             Never.                 Never.                  Work in Progress            

Acer Liquid Metal                      Never.                 Never.                  Work in Progress            

HTC Jetstream (Tab)               Never.                 Never.                  Bootloader Locked            

HTC One X                                Released          Released             Bootloader Locked            

HTC Raider                               Released          Released             Bootloader Locked            

LG Optimus 3D                        Released          Released                       

Motorola RAZR                         Released           unknown              Bootloader Locked            

Samsung Galaxy Nexus        4.1 (in a week)   4.0.1-2                 Available

Samsung Galaxy Note            Released          unknown              Available           

Samsung Galaxy Q                  unknown            unknown             Probably not?            

Samsung Galaxy Rugby         unknown            unknown              I have no idea…            

Samsung Galaxy S Glide       unknown            unknown              Probably not?            

Samsung Galaxy SII LTE        Released           Released             Available            

Samsung Galaxy Tab              Released             unknown           Available  

Samsung Galaxy Infuse          unknown            unknown            available    

Sony Xperia Arc                         Released           unknown            Locked (a)           

Sony Xperia Arc S                     Released           unknown            Locked (a)           

Sony Xperia Play                       Never.                  Never.                 Work in Progress            

Sony Xperia S                            Released           unknown            Available          

Sony Xperia X10                       Never.                  Never.                 Locked (a)

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for adding the Infuse 4G Smeelious!!!!

Highlighted
I'm an Enthusiast

No 2010 Xperia phones will get it if ur phone did not come out in 2011 your probably not going to see it.and 4.1 is coming so who knows