The "Will my phone get an ICS update" thread.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

The "Will my phone get an ICS update" thread.

I figured I'd put together a list of current Rogers phones and their supposed timeslines for ICS updates.  To avoid all the "ZOMG" why doesn't my phone have ICS yet threads.

"Factory (ETA)" is generaly the eta of the international unlocked version to get ICS.  Rogers would have to release their version of the ICS firmware after that...  Custom ROM availability is listed for reference, in case people are tired of waiting or for phones that won't be getting official ICS firmware.  Most Rogers phones come with locked bootloaders making custom roms difficult / impossible, and certainly not for the faint of heart (unlocking the bootloader will kill your warantee.) Sorry for the format...I had it all custom coloured and everything in Excel.  Let me know if there are other phones you want listed or if you have information I don't.

Phone                                         Factory (ETA)     Rogers (ETA)    Custom ICS ROM                                             

Acer Liquid E                             Never.                 Never.                  Work in Progress            

Acer Liquid Metal                      Never.                 Never.                  Work in Progress            

HTC Jetstream (Tab)               Never.                 Never.                  Bootloader Locked            

HTC One X                                Released          Released             Bootloader Locked            

HTC Raider                               Released          unknown              Bootloader Locked            

LG Optimus 3D                        unknown            unknown             Can't find one…            

Motorola RAZR                         Q2-Q3                unknown              Bootloader Locked            

Samsung Galaxy Nexus         4.0.4                   4.0.1-2                 Available

Samsung Galaxy Note            Q2                       unknown              Available           

Samsung Galaxy Q                  unknown            unknown             Probably not?            

Samsung Galaxy Rugby         unknown            unknown              I have no idea…            

Samsung Galaxy S Glide       unknown            unknown              Probably not?            

Samsung Galaxy SII LTE        Released           unknown             Available            

Samsung Galaxy Tab              unknown             unknown             Available            

Sony Xperia Arc                         Released           unknown            Locked (a)           

Sony Xperia Arc S                     Released           unknown            Locked (a)           

Sony Xperia Play                       Never.                  Never.                 Work in Progress            

Sony Xperia S                            Q2                       unknown            Available          

Sony Xperia X10                       Never.                  Never.                 Locked (a)

***edited labels***

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: The "Will my phone get an ICS update" thread.

The Xperia S will get the update by the end of. This month which is Q2. Even Sony said it. So please edit it. Also thank you for this. 1+ for u

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Can finally update the list for Samsung Galaxy SII LTE, just got it from Rogers today

Highlighted

hrm...it won't let me edit it...

Phone                                         Factory (ETA)     Rogers (ETA)    Custom ICS ROM                                             

Acer Liquid E                             Never.                 Never.                  Work in Progress            

Acer Liquid Metal                      Never.                 Never.                  Work in Progress            

HTC Jetstream (Tab)               Never.                 Never.                  Bootloader Locked            

HTC One X                                Released          Released             Bootloader Locked            

HTC Raider                               Released          unknown              Bootloader Locked            

LG Optimus 3D                        unknown            unknown             Can't find one…            

Motorola RAZR                         Q2-Q3                unknown              Bootloader Locked            

Samsung Galaxy Nexus         4.0.4                   4.0.1-2                 Available

Samsung Galaxy Note            Q2                       unknown              Available           

Samsung Galaxy Q                  unknown            unknown             Probably not?            

Samsung Galaxy Rugby         unknown            unknown              I have no idea…            

Samsung Galaxy S Glide       unknown            unknown              Probably not?            

Samsung Galaxy SII LTE        Released           Released             Available            

Samsung Galaxy Tab              unknown             unknown             Available            

Sony Xperia Arc                         Released           unknown            Locked (a)           

Sony Xperia Arc S                     Released           unknown            Locked (a)           

Sony Xperia Play                       Never.                  Never.                 Work in Progress            

Sony Xperia S                            Q2                       unknown            Available          

Sony Xperia X10                       Never.                  Never.                 Locked (a)

Highlighted

Xperia S ICS firmware has been released for the international unlocked version.

Won't let me edit my posts again....silly forums.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

any new on the moto razr getting ICS?? was just released and pushed out in the US

Highlighted

Hrm, that's the LTE enabled VZN version. 

Rogers version is different.

Still, should be coming out soon.....one would hope.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

If it's locked, does that mean the ICS update will not be recieved on the phone or what does that mean? For example, for the xperia arc, it is locked so will the phone still get the update for the users in Canada?

Locked in the list just means it can be difficult to install a custom ROM.

The Xperia Arc should be getting ICS.  The international firmware has already been released so, it's up to Rogers to get it out to its users.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

What about Samsung Captivate? I know it won't get an update but I think it should be on the list as a NO. I did hear rumours that Samsung will release another update for this phone but it won't be ICS. Not sure if that is true though.