The end of analog

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: The end of analog

1 of the TVs in my house suddenly stopped receiving cable -- just the aquarium channel.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Contributor

So, what better time to "introduce" NAVIGATR? The new ?????improved????? interface WHERE HAVING NO CABLE AT ALL and FOREVER WOULD BE A RELIEF!

Smiley Wink

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@cdeeble wrote:

1 of the TVs in my house suddenly stopped receiving cable -- just the aquarium channel.

Does that TV happen to have any digital box connected to it or does it connect directly to the cable outlet on the wall?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That would be exactly it.

Darrell i think it was confirmed in another thread.. anyone on analong (direct from wall into the tv) only gives aquarium channel.. only channel /thing broadcast.

@cdeeble
Unfortunately analog is gone.  Broadcasting of analog stoped over two years ago to carriers like rogers.  Rogers has been downconverting signals to analog... but like all other cable carriers, were going to stop (costs a lot of money to keep downconverting them all, manage the signal ranges which could be used for other stuff, etc).
Rogers has been annoucing since that time 2+ years ago, that they will be cutting it off.  (it has been mailed out, as well as has been on just about every bill between then and now, about what will be being cutt off as the channels were disapearing)

Contact rogers, and see if you are still able to get a DTA (one of the most basic cable boxes)

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I was in Mississauga visiting the parents. They live in a Former MacLean Hunter Cable Territory before it was purchased by Rogers Cablesysyems. They still have about 10 Analogue channels working on their cable lines but my parents do not watch Analogue they are fully digital. I had to disconnect the box and connect right to the wall outlet to check for Analogue. So once analog is finally shut down in the south east of Streetsville neighborhood, they will NOT be affected.