The end of analog

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: The end of analog

Fishtanks..

That begs me to ask a question..

Is the fishtank the ONLY channel that you are getting?

I beleive that is the only channel left on Analog..

How are you connected for TV?  Are you into any cable box? or just from the outlet to the TV?

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @Mikeej8

What area are you located in?

Do you have a Digital Box or Digital Adapter?

Recently some areas of Ontario have been fully digitized and therefore any cable connection that does not have a Digital Box or Digital Adapter connected will see a 'Fish Tank' rather than snow or a blank screen.

RogersDarrell

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Here in lies the problem...have you told that to people before they stare at just fish tanks??? And dont give me any washed guff that you post in ...and no I do not have a box..just basic cable which keeps getting stripped out...Im not waiting until March to deal with you people...your idea of help is a hour on the phone and we will get back to you....just what areas have been so called fully digitized....IM not the only person that wants to know...and Im in Waterloo North...Lakeshore Village...agrhhhhh....recently...

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

No box...agrhhhhhh,have you people sent out notices in the bill...you always want money...where and when what areas are to be so called FULLY digitized....where do you post this so called help....Smiley Mad

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

So living in Brantford area we must be digitized!! Where do we get a digital adapter?

I am sure Rogers would donate them!! Ha

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@Mikeej8 wrote:

Here in lies the problem...have you told that to people before they stare at just fish tanks??? And dont give me any washed guff that you post in ...and no I do not have a box..just basic cable which keeps getting stripped out...Im not waiting until March to deal with you people...your idea of help is a hour on the phone and we will get back to you....just what areas have been so called fully digitized....IM not the only person that wants to know...and Im in Waterloo North...Lakeshore Village...agrhhhhh....recently...

That explains it. You just have analog cable. Co-ax cable coming out of the wall to the back of your TV.  Analog is now totally gone and you get nothing except the fish tank (it's on Channel 70 for me) even though the Rogers website still lists a bunch of channels available in my area without a box. I guess they've been too busy with bigger problems to update that.

It was a couple of years ago (?) that Rogers started adding a message in the fine print at the bottom of your bill that analog TV was being phased out and gave instructions for ordering a free digital adapter. I'm guessing that most people missed this and the phasing out was very slow anyway, so you only lost one channel at a time here or there and didn't care. The digital adapters also have a big drawback. You couldn't watch one show while taping a different show at the same time. Also, in a lot of cases the DTA remote could not be fully programmed, so you had to use 2 remotes (I do on a couple of TVs).  But all is not lost. You can still get a free digital adapter here or by going to a Rogers store with your account number and photo I.D.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

So DS....did you get a notice on your bill that the area indeed was going fully so called digitized????? A warning??? A date??? A anything....or did Rogers decide for me..3 days ago,thats it game over...???!!!!! Or did you see it in there phantom posts....well I better go to the library and check out a book and make a lunch of some sort to be prepared to spend a hour on the phone or so called DMing....nope..everythings okay here in Rogers land..images.jpg

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks Old Yeller...we will give it a try...I gotta sit down..think I just had a stroke..

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

The analogue to digital migration began in the Spring of 2012. Prior to that direct mail and bill messages were sent in early 2012 and continued into 2015. For those that allowed it as per their Marketing Permissions; we also had automatic dialer and email communications during this time.

As @OLDYELLR advised, for more information on Digital Adapter check out: http://www.rogers.com/web/support/tv/adapter/281

Thanks!

RogersDarrell

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Mikeej8 wrote:

So DS....did you get a notice on your bill that the area indeed was going fully so called digitized????? A warning??? A date??? A anything....or did Rogers decide for me..3 days ago,thats it game over...???!!!!! Or did you see it in there phantom posts....well I better go to the library and check out a book and make a lunch of some sort to be prepared to spend a hour on the phone or so called DMing....nope..everythings okay here in Rogers land..images.jpg

Sorry to say it.. but yes.. when stuff was being started to be cut off, etc, has been sent out and put in the bill, ever since it started as darrell said. 
Even every month, it was annouced as to what channels were being cut off.
For well over 2 years.

They didnt descide 3 days ago..  TECHNICALLY their 'cutt off' date was last year.. they has a very small amount left after that.  Your luck that you even got what you did till now.

Contact rogers, and see if you can get a DTA. (digital adapter) then you dont need to pay for a full digital box.

Unfortunately.. a box is an option period for any provider. you wont find any provider without needing one. 
(all other formats other than digital antenna, require one.  Even other cable providers, non provide analog anymore)