The Yahoo! Mail Classic service must continue to be available

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

The Yahoo! Mail Classic service must continue to be available

The Yahoo! Mail Classic service must continue to be available, in order to continue to provide us users with its Advanced Search capabilities to give its detailed fine-grain search access to our many Yahoo! emails.  Rogers, please give me an answer to this request.

The newest version of Yahoo! Mail does not provide an equivalent email search capabilities as compared to the Advance Search that's been available for years in the Yahoo Mail Classic.  The Search Mail that is provided in the newest version of Yahoo! Mail only provides the ability to later add filters to narrow the search results from the single field initiated search.  This type of search of email is far less capable, slower, and very frustrating to use, in comparison to the advanced functionality that's in the Yahoo Mail Classic Advanced Search :

These are the Advanced Search fields and options that are available in the Yahoo! Mail Classic service :

•   Sender  Options: contains, does not contain
  •   Recipient  Options: contains, does not contain
  •   Subject  Options: contains, does not contain
  •   Message Body & Attachment  Options,: contains, does not contain
  •   Date  Options,: is any, is today, is within last week, is within last month, is before..., is after..., is...
  •   Additional  Options: Search All Messages, Only Unread Messages, Only Read Messages, Only messages with attachments
  •   Search in folders: [Check All - Clear All]

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: The Yahoo! Mail Classic service must continue to be available

I'm not 100% sure, but this would probably be more effective if you contacted Yahoo directly.  Rogers are only "branding" Yahoo Mail with their logo - I've seen no indication that they have any actual control on the back-end.  I could be wrong on this, but I doubt it.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Yes, MichelR is correct. It is Yahoo that has control over the email format. For what it's worth, you can still use Yahoo Classic email with the following link:

http://ca.mc886.mail.yahoo.com/mc/welcome?switch=1

Be sure to bookmark it because if you do not use this link, your email will revert back to the newest format. 

***Update***

After you sign in to your Yahoo! Mail, click on the small icon of a wheel in the top right corner of the page and choose Settings > Viewing email > Mail version: Basic and click Save  to save the settings. That should switch the format of the webmail to the Classic version.

I've Been Around

I got an E Mail from Yahoo saying I better switch to the new E Mail from the Classic version.  I switched and I dont really care what version Im using, However from the moment I switched, I started getting e mails from all my contacts, claiming that Im spamming them, and getting bounced e mail notices from contacts e mails who are no longer in service. How can it be safer and more sucure when all my friends are recieving threating web site links that looks like its coming from me. Has anyone else experienced this?

I'm a Reliable Contributor

I've been experiencing this for the past month or so - not stuff coming from my Yahoo account, but rather me receiving spam (seemingly) from people who have me in their contacts (some of them are not in my contacts in any of my e-mail accounts.)  One of them is on Yahoo, the others are all on Hotmail.  Not sure what the **bleep** is going on all of a sudden, but it's annoying.  I haven't bothered to look at the detailed e-mail headers though.

I've Been Here Awhile

Since I updated to a newer version of Yahoo, I am not able to download emails into Outlook. The message keeps on asking me to enter user name and password.

Anyone can help?

I'm Here A Lot

Same for me. It keeps asking me for log in details everytime I go on the POP client..

Now I have to get my e-mail via Rogers Yahoo.

Mike

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I have not switched to the new yahoo interface, probaly never will since i check my mail on mobile devices and through imap.  but its possible there is a setting somewhere in the properties or settings, that you need to enable to read your mail via pop?   try going through all the settings and see if you can find it.

I'm a Trusted Enthusiast

MY god.. Yahoo email... contact them for supprt...nuff said