cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The State of BYOD/paying in full

b-ry
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Having finished off my 3 year contract with the then FLEXtab payment scheme, where you had $x.xx of your plan goto the payment of the device (I think mine was $7.99 or was it 13.99, can't recall/doesn't really matter at this point). When I signed the contract, I was told that when my plan expired, I would be eliable for a discount as I am not having to "pay off the phone"... However that doesn't seem to be the case anymore, phoned Rogers (855.894.5505) [perhaps I called the wrong department] and was told, I cannot get the BYOD/outright discount, because my plan is no longer in-market. And I totally understand that.

Just wondering what is the current state of BYOD/outright discounts with Rogers? Are you going to contiune offering consumers the option/incentive to buy outright or BYOD? Not everyone whats to upgrade to the newest and "greatest" smartphone every two years or want to sign a contract, so why should we have to pay more for a 'feature' that we don't want/use? Let those who do want to upgrade and have a contract pay the additional expense.

A BYOD/outright discount on my legacy plan would be nice, but I am not going to complain if I can't get such. My plan is still affordable for me and even with buying my future phones outright/unlocked, I can still make it work in the long term.

***edited labels***

2 REPLIES 2

Re: The State of BYOD/paying in full

RogersMay
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

@b-ry

If you bring your own device to use, you are eligible for a Share Everything plan with the No Tab pricing, which is a significant amount of savings in comparison to the Premium or Smart Tab pricing.

In the future if you decide to do a hardware upgrade through Rogers, you will need to change this plan as it will no longer be a No Tab plan.

If you wish to remain on your current plan, you can keep this plan however it would not qualify for a No Tab discount.

Regards,

RogersMay

Re: The State of BYOD/paying in full

Yeah.. unfortunately the NO TAB version of YOUR plan is no longer available..

BUT.. you could move to any of the IN MARKET (current) no tab plans.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation