The Guide

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jeffrey
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Re: The Guide

Hi ccrashh!

The Quick Start Menu has a lot of features & new ones are continually being added. Best bet is to try it out for your self and discover what it can do for you. I really like the mix. You can watch 6  sports games on one screen and easily toggle between which screen plays audio. There is also a news & kids programming mix.

You can set up a "My Favourites List"

There are currently 4 games you can play using your remote.

• Bubble Shooter
  • Jungle Legends
  • Mahjongg
  • Wonder Gear

There is a weather app/widget

Easier access to Rogers on Demand themes...

Self Service, which makes troubleshooting  the digital box simpler.

You can even access the TV Call Display options!

A search function is coming very soon!

I'll admit that I usually know which channel & show I want and I just want to get there, but this guide is there for when I want to interact with the digital box... and The Mix is a life saver when several of my favourite sports teams are playing...

-Jeffrey

RogersErin
Community Manager (Retired)

Thanks for the tips Jeffrey!

kks
I've Been Here Awhile

i tried the ch+ and ch- and it shows the next channel i can access but the guide info doesn't change? i have no idea what channel it is previewing?

I agree with the other comments - i love many things about rogers but i *HATE* the ipg that i have to see and scroll through all the channels i do not subscribe especially when jumping from the 0-100 to the 500+. it is frustrating to the max to try and find things we might want to watch. i can live with 7 days out but with bell you could customize what channels you want to see in the guide and if you really want to switch to see all the others then you could easily switch to see all.

i thought the favorites might have been the solution so i started entering every channel we subscribed to but it only lists the channels there is no guide to see what is on and what is coming up. it is the coming up part that is really important to us.

please can we do this before all these other features that we rarely use are improved?

dbrown20191
I Plan to Stick Around

Jeffrey, I tried the new (2 colour) option that displays subscribed stations on the menu but it doesn't work. After pressing "okay" the guide colours don't differentiate between subscribed and unsubscribed channels.   please advise.

Jeffrey
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Hello dbrown20191,

I may have given some misleading information, it turns out that only High Defintion PVRs are able to use this function. I'm sorry I didn't reveal this in my earlier post. So assuming you have a standard digital box or a non PVR high defintion box then the Grey/Purple list will not operate, my apologies.

I believe there is another update being worked on so that this function works on all boxes, but I do not know of any timelines.

-Jeffrey

dbrown20191
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for the clarification Jeffrey. Hopefully it will be upgraded soon. For me the silver lining in your post was that the channel up and down on my remote only displays those channels that I subscribe to. A step forward.
Regards.
Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

if you press guide, then up/down it shows all channels even unsubscribed ones, however if you are on a chanel and press the up/down, it skips the non-subscribed ones and only shows you the subscribed ones in the information bar on the bottom. how do you guys browse channels? have you even tried this way?

dbrown20191
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks again Jeffrey. I tried both the multiple screen toggling and the Favourites list and was most impressed with your advice.  It's expert support such as yours that exemplifies good customer service.  Man Happy

RogersErin

Thanks for helping out Jeffrey.

nisiepie
I'm Here A Lot

isn't that funny, because up until a few days i had the most basic box, and there were no distinctions in the guide.  everything was teh same color, no greyed out areas for what you don't subscribe to. also when you channeled up/down,. you were faced with not authorized screens.

now a couple of days ago i got my HD box, and i noticed the greyed out areas of the guide.  that's VERY helpful, but i wonder why regular digital customers get effed out of such a basic feature.

i have assumed that channelup/down took you through a slew of not authorized screens like it did with the basic box.

now that you say it is supposed to actually skip channels that aren't subscribed to, i will have to test it out./

you should clarify tho, not all boxes are the same, and the ppl who are still paying a hefty price for the basic digital or VIp will still get screwed when it comes to such basic channel surfing features.