The Guide

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: The Guide

Yes, since the world was ending, no broadcasters created their lineups 😞

just kidding 🙂

Reboot your box.  A bunch of people had this, this week.  Rebooting the box, it pulled the right data.

mousetamer
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Not sure if this was brought up before, but I found a semi-usefull new(?) guide feature while playing around with one of the boxes at work yesterday. It only works if you have some favorites saved. The way that the guide works once you do is actually pretty cool. Press guide once you get all the channels, unless you are like me and took the time to hide the ones you don't want to ever see. Press guide twice and it will show you just your favorites grouped together. Each channel will show a heart next to the number. Press guide three times and it only shows you your favorites and only the channels you are subscribed too.
I'm not sure when this feature came out or why Rogers doesn't advertise it because it is pretty cool. BTW, I also tried it on my home Nextbox and it works like a charm.
jim9292
I've Been Around

A bit off topic but it's still about the guide.  The Leafs are in Montreal this weekend [jan19]  The  Rogers guide reads Boston in Montrea?!?.      C'mon mannnn Rogers are part owners of the Leafs with Bell and they don't even know who the leafs are playing?  Good to see somebody is paying attention over there, long live the Ballard curse!!!

CeCe_657
I've Been Here Awhile

Is anyone else having an issue seeing on the guide what is on a week from now? Since Sunday whenever I change the date to see what is on a week from now the guide is blank. All the channels are there but the listings are blank.
Does anyone know why this is happening? It would be so nice if I could resolve the issue without having to talk to the horrible Rogers "support" team. 

FYI: I have the old guide, haven't (and don't want to) upgrade to the new interactive guide

CeCe_657
I've Been Here Awhile

Also, I rebooted my box and that did nothing.

Speedy1701
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Noticed that too ... I'm waiting for Toronto to get a real hockey team 😜
Speedy1701
I'm a Reliable Contributor

That happens with the new guide too.
However, a reboot usually solves it ... have to wait for the red loading bar to finish indicating everything is reloaded.
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Pretty much since the digital came out years back, i have found times, where the guide just hasnt loaded the next weeks stuff yet.

Sometimes a reboot fixes it.. sometimes its just not been loaded yet.. wait a day or two, and then it is (delay in content i guess)

rwalmsley
I've Been Around

Out Rogers Enhanced Interactive Program Guide (IPG) keeps "freezing up". When this happens, we can't exit from the guide to view or change TV channels.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Guessing you have to reboot the box?

I have had it on the rare ocassion, ,but it shouldnt happen regularily..

If its a rental, first thing i would try is going in and swaping it.