The Guide

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steviecakes
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: The Guide

I must say Sat was not too bad and the football was not too messed up

Tried to watch the Van-Chi nhl game last night and of course got the message temp off air on the HD channel and even on the SD channel...finally came on the HD channel and went on and off for the 1st half of the game

If i did what Rogers suggested i should call them and advise them what is going on...this would be difficult as the game went on and off about four times .

I don't care who is responsible for this problem,but it is Rogers i pay for the service so PLEASE fix it Rogers !!!!!!!!!

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If I worked for TV GUIDE, I would not want Rogers to even dare touch it, nor fix it, If they tried to FIX the TV Guide which does NOT Belong to them, I'd SUE THEM.   TV GUIDE is NOT Roger's Problem, they  should not attempt to fix something that does not belong to them, period,  Blame TV Guide for the problems instead.

steviecakes
I Plan to Stick Around

If I paid TV GUIDE i would love to advise them of the problem but it is Rogers that i pay so that is why i am blaming Rogers.

I guess when it comes right down to it we all have choices to make and if something bothers us enough then we can choose another company.

Isn't it great to have the choice to go elsewhere !!!!!

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If it was me, I would have looked up their address and wrote a complaint to them by mail, or even e-mailed them my compaint. If you have not done this then you really do not have an issue with it, you are accepting it the way it is and any mistakes it has. which is fine by me.

steviecakes
I Plan to Stick Around

As I said isn't it great to have the choice to go elsewhere

I have voiced my opinion to the people I pay.!!!..they should discuss with the guide people NOT me

It is Rogers that obviously pay for the guide and is not up to me to go around them and do their work for them

Maybe Bell do their own guide !!!...and if I have a problem with them I will call them and voice my opinion.

Time will tell

ScantiLee
I've Been Around

Hi, I'm just new here, so I hope I'm posting this in the right spot.  I've been a Rogers subscriber for about a year now.  I honestly think they could streamline their guide and add options such as not only highlighting an upcoming program for viewing, but how about that it automatically changes to the channel at the designated time?  I used to have Star Choice and that was a great feature.  I could program a weekend's worth of TV and whenever I turned on the TV it would be at the station I desired.  

Secondly, I was just wondering if anyone else was experiencing a problem with their guide today?  Since this morning when I turn into the guide whatever program is on freezes and the guide says "Date Change".  As of 7:46 p.m. I'm still experiencing the same problem.  Any suggestions?

Thanks

Lee

steviecakes
I Plan to Stick Around

Sorry i have not had that problem !!!

I am in New Brunswick,where are you ?? 

Sounds like you should be resetting your cable box and then calling tec suport if still a problem

jprender
I've Been Around

Please support this comment and press Rogers to DO SOMETHING about the worst TV Guide that I have ever seen! I switched from Bell and this short-fall is making me second-guess my choice.

Also, on my Cisco Explorer 8642HD ... I can't get the "new, ugly, and slow" Interactive Programming Guide (IPG) to even display Is there something I need to do to activate that guide on my "High def" receiver (it works on my other "regular definition receiver).

Looking forward to your responses.
steviecakes
I Plan to Stick Around

I have finally figured out how to get the the HD program that the guide lists as being on at a certain time

I have been complaining for months that the sport that the guide says is on in HD is not on or comes on in the middle of the program.

The easiest way to explain is to give a example

The tv guide says there is a hockey game on channel 481 (HD)at a certain time but it does not come on so if you turn to the SD channel that the game is on (454) and then turn back to 481 low and behold there is your game in HD and the temp off air sign is gone !!!!!

This works for all sports that is listed on the sports pak

No more complaining about the temp off air sign now as i know how to fix it myself

steviecakes
I Plan to Stick Around

Here we go again...thought i had it figured out and then it made a liar out of me

channel 485(HD)  advertised a hockey game starting at 11:00pm

same game on 454(SD)...the game came on 454 on time but didn't come on 485 until 45 min later

Please tell me why this happens !!!!!!!