The Guide

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: The Guide

Hi all, I am a brand new Rogers customer today. I have not previously had cable tv so this is my first "guide"....it is absolute garbage. No possible way to customise at all.

This is an easy fix for Rogers but they don't want to cut into the meager billions they earned last year

I really wish I had found this page before spending the money.

I also see that the Rogers reps are giving the same "we're working on it" empty answers that they give on the phone. ( took me 3weeks to actually even get the cable hooked up....long story)

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: The Guide PLEASE UPDATE THE GUIDE

With the new HD tv's i think it's time for the guide needs to be updated, if you look at some from others they are very nice, they are 16 x 9 they have the logo's of the networks PLEASE! PLEASE!!! UPDATE THE ROGERS GUIDE thanks see attached

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v706/predator1/ipg01.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v706/predator1/untitled.png

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hello Rogers
 I am glad that I found this forum
Obviously Rogers Hasn't, the proof being i that there has been no action taken and canned responses to queries
Rogers is in the forefront of entertainment, My guess would be that channel surfing is their main contribution.
Your guide is almost, but not quite useless. I really don't see surfing for 5 minutes to decide what to watch next, only to find out that you do not receive that channel. The second best thing is viewing all those channels you are really glad you did not subscribe to.
There is only one possible reason that they subject their customers to this tiresome exercise. They hope we see something we like, on a channel we don't receive and like a bunch of lemmings we will sign a contract to watch that one single somewhat interesting program.
I refuse to believe that Rogers does not have the ability or the resources to locate and hire a single programmer to create and upload a usable program guide.
Yes, there was the big, no HUGE innovation of having the subscribed channels a different color, but that hardly makes the other 800 channels you have no interest whatsoever in disappear. I suppose I could tune a matte the same color as those unsubscribed to make the text disappear,
If you need a guide or specifications, break into petty cash and get a Bell 3100 receiver, which has a very simple and extremely useful guide system, put the Rogers Logo, change the colors and call it something else to bypass copy write
I signed up for Rogers as my building has only one wire to each apartment, so either you choose DSL or Cable. Since my internet provider uses cable, I could not continue with BELL, so .... roger it is. I signed for a one year contract to get the free install, bad mistake. is my internet provider worth it??? that is the question..Losing Rogers cable is not even a factor. My internet provider now offers DSL. ipso facto, the date my contract with Rogers is over will also be my last day of service. The main reason is the Guide. The second reason is the bait and switch they do with their on-demand stuff, but that is another story
I wonder if Rogers even read these things, and if they do, their marketing directors are undoubtedly scratching their head trying to figure out why people do not want to scroll though 999 channels.  I bet the concept is simply beyond their comprehension
In conclusion, my days with Rogers will end, simply because I am weary of fighting with their guide.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

http://rogers-tv-enhancements.com/

Still full of bugs, slow and far frome ready. Not as good as FibeTV  (which probably is the reason for this rushed deployment) - but an attempt to improve.

All problems with the new IPG is for the most part captured here: http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=150889

I have the new IPG as well as FibeTV in another property. FibeTV is still a far better alternative. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

"There is no longer an option to save a set number of episodes per series; however there is an option to save for a period of time (3 days, 1 week, and 2 weeks)."

That's some "enhancement". Taking away options is getting me another step closer to cutting the cable.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I agree on satellite u can set it to opnly the channels you have so rogers should be able to do the same

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Rogers does through their new guide. Just go into settings and channel. There you can set favorites or hide the channels you don't want or have.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@mousetamer wrote:
Rogers does through their new guide. Just go into settings and channel. There you can set favorites or hide the channels you don't want or have.

I think peoples bigest complaint, is that you have to do this manualy, selecting which channels (vs on the sat, i think when you choose the setting.. it will hide them all automaticaly.

I like it showing them all.. the color difference (at least on the DEFAULT theme on the new IPG) is enough to show that we dont get the channel (Yes, there is a color difference.. its not a huge differnce.. but its the difference between white and a light grey).
I actualy like to see what im not getting.. so while im flipping.. can see "Oh thats on, but i cant get it.. i wanted to see that.." and if that happens repeatedly, it might be time for me to pick up that channel.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Just as an update to this..

I noticed that there was an update, must have happened over last night, didnt see it till this eve when watching.

This is on the default theme.

The part where the shows are displayed has changed.  The grid/boxes have changed, a slightly different background to them.  The text stands out a little clearer now.
Its a MUCH more major difference in how it shows channels you dont have.  Rather than just the grey text on the same box background before, the channels you dont get, have no background, so its very deffinate as to which you subscribe and dont.

Not sure on any other changes/fixes, if any, but i did catch this change.
I will update if i find anything else.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I am a new subscriber and was impressed by the sales department; however, as a user it is very frustrating.   I concur with many complaints about the guide.  No favourites guide - or even the chennels  subscribed to...   I have the PVR  and it says it will record a show but doesn't - ugh.   I am sure that I will learn as I go along; howevr, it is not really user friendly.    And I would love too have the tv come on to the last station that I was watching instead of that advertisement.