The Guide

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FormerMember
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: The Guide

I did read your first post Hemal, which was why I pointed out that the Rogers Connected magazine stated last February that  Rogers Remote TV Manager was "accessible online or – coming soon". That was two months ago. I am not sure what your definition of "soon" is, but perhaps it is different than mine. Seems to me though that different branches of Rogers are not communicating with each other which leads to us customers seldom getting a straight answer!

RogersHemal
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

@Community

We have launched the Rogers Remote TV Manager for Iphone users only.  You can search for this inside your Apple Store.  To use this function you will need to be a Ontario customer.  At this time it will only work for the 8300 PVR.

We do plan to release a version of the application to Blackberry and Android users in the near future.

The website is still under works.

Thank you.

Chris
I'm a Senior Advisor

Link to app : http://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/rogers-remote-tv-manager/id422672671?mt=8

Now I just wish my 8300HD would playback without being glitchy and pausing all over the place..

pearl61
I Plan to Stick Around

Well, almost a year passed since the beginning of this topic........................ Any noticable modifications and/or improvements?

pearl61
I Plan to Stick Around

I am sure the remarks /comments were passed on. Too bad nothing happened in the past year. A reason for me to leave Rogers as soon as my contract expires

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

they have since introduced a better search, press the flower key on your remote (*) to see it

steviecakes
I Plan to Stick Around

Please tell me why Rogers tv guide is soooo screwed up ????...the guide is wrong on so many channels

It tells you a certain program is on and it is a different program

It tells you on the sports pak guide a certain hockey game or a football game is on and it is not their...you have to go through all the channels and 1/2 hr later you may find it on a channel they say has nothing on.

I am in Moncton and it may be something to do with the Atlantic area but it is so frustrating to check the guide and see where they say (i.e. csi miami is on 518 and is not that program at all).it does no good to call as they don't know what is going on and they blame it on whoever does the guide for them,they create a ticket and then you get a automated message saying your problem is fixed and it is NOT.

Most csm's are nice to talk to but don't understand the problem and want to send a tec to your home,for a screwed up guide.(what a waste of time and $$$$)

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I agree, they should not have sent a technician for an incorrect tv guide listings. They should have opened a ticket instead with technical support and forwarded it to the correct group.

As for the guide data being screwed up, it may or may not be rodgers fault.

View solution in original post

steviecakes
I Plan to Stick Around

Really i am tired of calling them,they must say oh no not this guy again,i wonder what is wrong now.

I could call them just about every day...last week i called about 522,523,and 524 being off the air.

I could have called last Fri as the guide said certain programs were on but they were different shows and repeats at that.On Sunday's you could call them three or four times about the Sunday ticket channels,maybe the games that they say are on certain channels are on in Ontario but not here (481) is usually one of the dificult channels,they are usually HD channels.

Thanks for your input

steviecakes
I Plan to Stick Around

If you are in NB and have NHL Centre Ice take a look at the channel line up for tonight...they show HD hockey on 450's now if you go to the regular guide they show those hockey game's on 480's

We know that the 450 channels are not in HD so i guess we use the 480's...who knows.

This is the biggest beef i have with Rogers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait until they list the football channels tomorrow....they will be all screwed up as usual and the game will be half over when you find the game you want to watch.

There i feel better now