The Guide

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: The Guide

For about 2 weeks, I've had problems with the guide on a PVR.  At first, it was only displaying about 4 days, then 3 days etc.  Now it only displays the current day,  If you try to go past midnight on the guide, it comes up blank.  It's playing havoc with scheduled recordings.  Tried rebooting many times.  (BTW a second box (not PVR) in our home continues to display about 3 days).  Tried to call Rogers - at first attempt, directory assistance gave a different number to call - phone number was wrong on Rogers own website!  Finally spoke to a CSR 2 days ago - of course, the usual suggestion to reboot.  He then said that a technical rep would call - still waiting.  Other issues which may or may not be related - accessing Rogers on demand is hit and miss - usually about a 25% chance of connecting; for last couple of weeks, can't connect on my PVR (was able to connect on other box).  Interactive guide is no longer available on our sets (even when it was available, it was almost unusable - search function stopped working weeks ago).

Frankly, Rogers service is abysmal.  i hope the new CEO shakes things up.  of course, by then, I may have converted to Bell.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Which box are you using?

There is currently an ongoing issue with the 8300 boxes, with the guide.

Now.. as for ALL the other problems you are having.. the not being able to access the RoD, search, etc... these all require a good signal & two way communication..  Its possible there is a signal issue at the house, a splitter, if there is one, has failed, etc.. and it not allowing proper signals, etc.

You would be best to call in, and arange for a tech to come out and check things.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

OK I was switching my Next box for the third time today and the salesman (not customer service rep) was trying to sell me the upgraded box and told me that's why the new TV guide portion was so slow, because I wasn't paying enough money for the service. That explains everything, no wonder Rogers dosn't want any outside competition, they might actually provide some service

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

" i hope the new CEO shakes things up. of course, by then, I may have converted to Bell."

I hope the new CEO shakes things up too. Services have gone downhill substantially over the last few months. The guide is (or was) a basic service but now even that doesn't work properly anymore, and it has been weeks and they seem unable to fix it. If it is the fault of the 'third party' who is now doing the guide, Rogers should fire them.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

2 weeks since my first posting and the guide is still erratic.  In my weekly calls to Rogers, I'm told that they are still working on the issue.  Current status is that I have at most 2 days of guide (current day and following day up to midnight), setting recordings is very slow and usually program descriptions are missing.  It's all very well setting recordings manually, but if I go away for a couple of weeks, I'm SOL.  I think that everyone should demand refunds from Rogers - that may shake things up.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

that is not correct ,i have the new guide and when im push the + button and it comes to a channel i am not sucribed it says "you are not autorised ......"
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Holy, can't you make it easy to find the tv guide/schedule of what's on????? I looked for a half hour and can't find out what will be on tv.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@MMantis wrote:

Holy, can't you make it easy to find the tv guide/schedule of what's on????? I looked for a half hour and can't find out what will be on tv.

What box are you using?

I usually find that the "guide" button on my remote gives me all the information i need....

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I think they were eluding to the more...

That there are so many channels, etc.. that just browsing though, there is so much stuff.. trying to find what they want, etc.. if you didnt know what channel, etc.

At least on the new guide.. if you at least know what you want to watch (name of show) you can always do a SEARCH for it, and it will show you all where its available.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

There is the old and new guide. The old one is straight forward and you just press GUIDE. The new one, for the NextBox, is a bit more complicated and confusing.

http://assets.rogershelp.com/digital/ipg01.gif

http://www.rogers.com/cms/images/en/Support/faqs/GuideModernHD.jpg

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario