The Guide

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: The Guide

You are able to change that in the settings. When i turn off my HD PVR, and turn it back again it will br on the channel i was on last.
hollycrap
I've Been Here Awhile

New tv guide listing display

Is it just me or is the tv guide getting worse? I can't believe this joke of a tv listing that they have now! Who in the world thought a micro small font displaying a gigantic list of five channels with a hour & half time span display on a very small portion of the viewing screen with the other half of the screen displaying a even smaller program in progress so not to miss a single moment of your show that you don't want to watch while you are trying to navigate threw the super slow page flip in small font and all those five channels with hundreds to review with a start time deadline well in progress by the time you find what you want to watch or pre-record for that matter,and all this going on while a show you don't want to see is being displayed on the lower half of the screen!

While I'm at it what's with the shelf life on those remotes? Works great for the first month or so and then the keys lock up and don't activate on command,now if you marry that with the tv guide issue you really have a mess of a system.

Man Mad

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The font is fine for me, but tv size may make a difference. On my 47 inch it's more than readable, and personally I couldn't read the old style on this tv, it was too big/pixelated.
I do often keep watching the how, while going in to do a recording, etc 🙂

But at least on those points, it's all personal opinion.

As you read through this and other threads, you will see there are many other bugs/problems, that I would 100% agree with. It is slower than the old guide, but the new guide is faster than it was when it first came out. They are continuing to push updates for it.

As for the remote, have you exchanges it yet? May be a buggered remote. I have the same one that came with the box about a year ago, and mines still working fine.

goofy24
I've Been Here Awhile

Maybe this was answered elsewhere but can't seem to find it. With the new IPG (Guide), is there a way to browse the listings by category? The old Guide has this feature. Just press the "A" key, and then select, say Football, and all Football games are shown. This handy feature appears to be absent in the new guide????

goofy24
I've Been Here Awhile

Further to my last post, I found this from Rogers:

http://rogers-tv-enhancements.com/tips.html

Under the title of "We're Enchancing Your Experience" it has this comment:

"You are no longer required to browse by Channel, Title, or Theme".

Are you kidding me?  That means you are "No longer able".  ie. We axed this feature. The only useful filter!  Enchancement? Yikes.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The browse for title i can understand being removed.. at it is sorta made obsolete by the search function.
It was always a pain if you were looking for someth that started say with the word SNOW, you had to go through all the ones with Sa, Se, etc till you got to it.

The by theme, i could see being still used.. unless they are not catagorized that way? But i would guess they still kinda are, they are that way in the RoD.

sarahbud
I've Been Around

There was a power outage in my area and ever since when I change a channel or hit the guide button to see what''s on, it just says no data.  I''ve rebooted twice and it does no good.  How do I get the data back?

mousetamer
I'm a Trusted Contributor

You should call Rogers just in case the outage did something on their end.
derkderkall
I've Been Around

Is there anyway to customize which channels show up?  I selected the custom 1 list, then went through and skipped through the channels I don't have or want, but this skips those channels on every list.  I guess what I am asking is what is the point of custom 1, custom 2, custom 3.  Is there a way I can choose which channels show up on each of these lists? 

leighco
I've Been Around

It's December 20, 2012 and my tv guide doesn't work.....says no information....

Is this because the world is supposed to end tomorrow???

How do I get it fixed without having a 2 1/2 hour phone call to a rep?