The Bandwidth Limit

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

The Bandwidth Limit

I'm looking at Rogers Express high speed, but the 70GB bandwidth limit is too small for me. My current plan at another internet provider has slower speeds, but 105GB bandwidth. Does rogers have additional options for its Canadian residental internet?

ThatQuestionGuy

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: Gdkitty

I found this on a Roger's FAQ page!

Can I purchase more usage to increase my monthly usage allowance?

We offer five tiers of service, and each comes with a different usage allowance. The best way to increase your monthly usage allowance is to select the level of service that best meets your needs. You can also choose to pay for additional usage each month on a per-gigabyte basis.

http://www.keepingpace.ca/faq.html

So it would appear that you are correct Gdkitty - they would rather sell you a more expensive plan!

***updated***

Here is the link where you can find information about the current internet tiers of service:

http://www.rogers.com/web/link/hispeedBrowseFlowDefaultPlans

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: The Bandwidth Limit

Of course they do:

Ultimate - 250 GB 

Extreme Plus - 150 GB

Extreme - 120 GB

Of course you pay more for each of these plans over the Express plan. I think that is one reason that Rogers introduced bandwidth caps - so they could suck you into purchasing the more expensve plans!

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Unless they have STOPED doing it...

You should be able to pay for aditional bandwith on any accounts (I just threw out my sheet from a month or two ago wich showed the actual costs, as i dont see it on the web page)

There was a +20 and +50 package if i remember.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

I believe you can still purchase additional usage. But it might be better to upgrade. My son was going over on his Express plan and upgraded to Extreme. They offered it to him with 20% discount and free modem. At the end of the first year, he called back to see if he could keep the discount for another year and low and behold, they upped the discount to 30%!

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I don't see it anywhere on the website too. That's why I'm asking.

Anyway, how much did that cost?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Oddly, you dont see it on the website..

I THINK they want to try and upsell you the higher plan, rather than the aditional usage 😛

I had it on a sheet with the prices of things that were going up this year.. wish i had kept it.
Its something like $10 for 20g or something like that. 

I would give them a call.

Highlighted

I found this on a Roger's FAQ page!

Can I purchase more usage to increase my monthly usage allowance?

We offer five tiers of service, and each comes with a different usage allowance. The best way to increase your monthly usage allowance is to select the level of service that best meets your needs. You can also choose to pay for additional usage each month on a per-gigabyte basis.

http://www.keepingpace.ca/faq.html

So it would appear that you are correct Gdkitty - they would rather sell you a more expensive plan!

***updated***

Here is the link where you can find information about the current internet tiers of service:

http://www.rogers.com/web/link/hispeedBrowseFlowDefaultPlans

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That only shows the overcharging for the per gb if you go over your limit.

There is some set amount packages, which are normaly cheaper that that way.

Highlighted

On the FAQ page, click on Question 18. That is what I posted above!