Texture update for Windows

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Regular

Texture update for Windows

When Next Issue was first rebranded to Texture, it was released with iOS and Android clients. For Windows devices we were told that Next Issue would continue to work, while the Texture version was in development and was planned for a November release.

I am wondering what is the status of the new Texture app for Windows devices? The current Next Issue client is old and tried, and quite frankly performs terrible! It is beyond slow, even when on a higher end device and wicked fast Internet connection. Us Windows users deserve a quality Texture app as much as iOS or Android.

Any status of the application release timeline would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

***Edited Labels ***

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Texture update for Windows

HI @b-ry

What model Windows device are you running and what OS are you operating?

RogersDarrell

Highlighted
I'm a Regular

@RogersDarrell Thanks for the reply.

I am currently using the Next Issue app on a Surface 3 and a Thinkpad x220, and sometimes on a barebones PC. All are running Windows 8.1 updated with all current patches.

While Next Issue works, somewhat, it is just really slow and when you compare it to the new Texture interface on iOS or Android, it really doesn't have a good productive flow --

When the Texture rebrand happened, the PR stated the Windows app would be coming later in November of 2015 -- while it is still November, we are approaching the end of the month.

Ideally, the best implementation of Texture on the Windows eco system would be to support the new Universal app standard created my Microsoft. This would give users on all Windows 10 devices access to Texture, while only having one application -- but a Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1 would also be very appreciated.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks @b-ry

I'm looking into this for you.

Thanks for your patience.

RogersDarrell

Highlighted
I'm a Regular

@RogersDarrell Any update information on the Texture app for Windows?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I have windows 10 and a surface pro and i can tell you, next issue app is a bad app. But it used to be worst! I wont keep my membership for very long because when i switch my tablet from landscape to portrait, the app quit! 

Highlighted
I'm a Regular

@rfj exactly, well said. Next Issue is indeed horiable on Windows 10 -- while it wasn't the deciding factor for me, it was one of the reason I choose to downgrade back to Windows 8.1 for the timebeing to wait a while longer for apps to get updated properly and for the few Windows 10 minor things to get addressed.

I hope the new Texture app for Windows 10 is coming soon and is in fact a true Windows 10 Universial app!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Uodate today. When i switch to landcape, my computer froze completely. Never happened before. After restart, app seem to work. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

This new version is worst that the atrocious previous version. Next issue on windows is a no go for me. Surface pro 2.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I have this on a 3 month free basis and wife and I are liking it on the IPAD. On a Win10 laptop on the other hand , it's nearly unreadable, the font is so small. Any attempt to make the page larger results in very fuzzy unfocused fonts. I wont even mention the unusble navigation UI...

So unless the Win10 app gets with the program, I wont be subscribing yet....