Text to one contact not received

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Text to one contact not received

Galaxy S3 both phones

Same Rogers family acct.

Android 4.1.1

I receive texts from contact, contact does not receive texts from me.

Tried deleting contact from both phones and restarting , no change.

Any ideas?:

***edited labels***

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Text to one contact not received

Hello mcalien3

Are you both using LTE on the device? Also does this happen on any other contact or just this 1 contact?.

Have you also tried doing a factory reset & seeing if that would help? Yes that removes everything from the phone & bringing it back to factory state but it may fix it. Save all your things on Samsung Kies on your computer before doing this.

I'm Here A Lot

Just 1 contact, LTE, 4G or wireless

Receive fine from contact, they don't receive from me.

No problems with any other contacts.

Not really interested in doing a factory reset on 2 phones, sounds a lot like the Rogers cop out from back in the day, reinstall windows to make the internet work.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello mcalien3

I never said for you to do it on both devices... You can do it on the other one which sends the text messages but you never get them. I would also call Rogers & see if something is wrong on their end on the second device line.

It could be a glitch or something.

Quick question. Before you had the S3, did you guys have a iPhone with iMessenger on? This can cause this issue as well. That is why i am asking.

I'm Here A Lot

We have never drank the Apple kool-aid.

All contacts on the family account (4 phones) are able to send and receive to each other with no problems

Also no issues with sending and receiving with non-Rogers contacts.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello mcalien3

Then it must be a issue with the phone the is trying to send the text but you are not receiving it.

I would suggest doing a factory reset on that device & see if it helps. If not contact Rogers tech support & see what they can do.
I'm Here A Lot

Also, non-receiving phone has been power cycled and had the sending contact removed and all previous messages cleared.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello mcalien3

Like i said on my post above. Try to do a factory reset on the device and see if that works. If you do not want too, you can contact Rogers Tech support and see what they say / can do.
I'm Here A Lot

Rogers tech support, now that is mildly amusing, thanks for your time Meowmix

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello mcalien3

Either that or post on the XDA forums and see what others on there say. Rogers tech support is not that bad. You may get reps that do not know but some do.

You are welcome. 🙂
Order Now!
UFC 246: McGregor vs. Cerrone Live
LIVE: Saturday, January 18th 10:00 PM ET
Countdown: 9:30 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $64.99 (HD) | $59.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $64.99
Ignite TV customers can order now!
DTV Customers can order as of January 16th

He's back! Irish superstar Conor McGregor makes his return to the Octagon on January 18, and he's kicking off 2020 with a welterweight showdown against the man with the most wins in UFC history, Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone. Returning to action for the first time since October 2018 in the main event of UFC 246, the two-division champion from Dublin known as "The Notorious" one wants to make a statement against Albuquerque action hero Cerrone, who has picked up five post-fight performance bonuses in his last five bouts.

Topic Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation