Text msg Promotion

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChaosRoseStar
I've Been Here Awhile

Text msg Promotion

I just got a text from 475-8  saying i get a free data added to my plan for no charge how do i check if this is a legit promotion if it is one dont want to screw myself over witha false offer

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
RogersZia

Re: Text msg Promotion

Hi @ChaosRoseStar,

Welcome to the Community!

Select smart phone Share Everything users were offered additional data via SMS for 12 months.  In order to receive the offer, you must reply 'YES' within 5 days of receiving the text message. The bonus data is shareable with all members of your Share Everything plan. You can track your bonus data usage on either MyRogers on rogers.com or through the MyRogers App. In case you exceed the allocated data, standard overages of your plan apply.

RogersZia

View solution in original post

All Replies
RogersZia

Hi @ChaosRoseStar,

Welcome to the Community!

Select smart phone Share Everything users were offered additional data via SMS for 12 months.  In order to receive the offer, you must reply 'YES' within 5 days of receiving the text message. The bonus data is shareable with all members of your Share Everything plan. You can track your bonus data usage on either MyRogers on rogers.com or through the MyRogers App. In case you exceed the allocated data, standard overages of your plan apply.

RogersZia

View solution in original post

ChaosRoseStar
I've Been Here Awhile

Ok thats good its legit now few questions came up with it.

1 at the end of the 12 months do i get charged for the extra data or does it dissapear.

2. Im already available for an upgrade would this lock me in for a year?

i do plan to upgrade very soon here so i dont want to get charged if i take the offer and ending up getting charged if i wait the year or do the upgrade im a month or so i dont want to get locked for a year
RogersCilio
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello @ChaosRoseStar,

Yep, definitely legit Smiley Happy!

To answer your questions, once the 12 months is up, this offer is removed and you simply revert back to your original data usage. If you change your price plan or do a hardware upgrade, the offer will no longer be vailid and would be removed from your account.

Hope this helps clarify it for you. Have a great weekend!

Cheers,

RogersCilio

papaseeto
I've Been Around

I received a blank text message from the phone number: 437-991-1147. The message was delivered on OCT 22, 2 days after I got my Pixel XL. I really hope this is not for the Google Play Card and I will lose the promotion. Can anyone confirm if you have received a similar message? 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @papaseeto

Doesnt seem like it. Called the number and goes to a voicemail system which hasn't been activated

Also this is a scam number. They usually send links where they Scam customers. This is what i have gotten from searching the number.
fbandi
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi - i just contacted rogers regarding this text message (3GB free data) and they said it was a scam.  It was from 475-8.  Now i am not sure what to believe.

RogersZia

Hi @fbandi,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting in the forums.

We can assure you it is a valid offer for select Share Everything users. Did you discard the message or have you accepted the offer since your post?

RogersZia

fbandi
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi - at first my son accepted then when we thought it was a scam we declined and then i told him to accept it again.  Not sure what the status is now.  Thanks