Text messages missing after switching phones and networks

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Text messages missing after switching phones and networks

Hey guys,

I have unique problem, I used to be on an iphone 3gs and my friend is still on her iphone 4gs. I switched to Galaxy Nexus and its on the latest firmware etc. She is on Rogers but I switched from Fido to Rogers.

everyone who texts me is fine but because she used to msg me on the iPhone messenger feature in IOS 5, her texts or msgs are continuing to go to my old iphone which is powered off (battery dead). she can get my texts but its trying to use iphone msnger to send me replies. She deleted me and re added but it wont send to my Nexus.

Any solutions?

******* Edit labels ********

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Text messages missing after switching phones and networks

I had the same issue as you with my girlfriend as well. She disabled the Imessager feature & the texts started working. This is something a lot of people might not like to do but this is the ONLY way Apple told me to do.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

I had the same issue as you with my girlfriend as well. She disabled the Imessager feature & the texts started working. This is something a lot of people might not like to do but this is the ONLY way Apple told me to do.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

yeah, my friend just did that and voila i got texts. means that imessenger has to always be off? or just for me?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

It always has to be off from what i got told from Apple. They told me they are trying to find a way to fix this as well. They said it could also be because if you are using the same number that is registered with Apple ID then it might be that as well but for now most of us have just turned off IMessanger.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

I experienced the same problem after upgrading from my 3GS to the Galaxy S2. Like Meowmix said, you have to disable iMessage on your 3GS. To do this, power it up, turn it on wi-fi, go into your settings > messages and turn off iMessage ... this unregisters your device (and phone number) from the iMessage network. I just did this a few days ago and all of my iPhone friends now send text messages to me immediately instead of how they tried to send via iMessage, waited ... and finally sent via a text.

Hope that helps.