Text balance notifications stopped

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Text balance notifications stopped

I have my PayGo account set up to text me my balance every time it changes. Since I last renewed it with $100, the texts have stopped coming and I can only check by dialing *225 or my Bill Summary on line. I used to be able to set all these options on line, but now can't see how to do it. How do I enable this again?

***Edited Labels***

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Text balance notifications stopped

Good afternoon @OLDYELLR ,

Thank you for your post. 

I contacted our Pay-As-You-Go department on your behalf and inquire on the issues that you are experiencing.

Technically, you should still be receiving text messages notifications when your balance is about to expire or when your balance is low. You should also received text messages notifications when there is a promotion available to you.

We no longer notify by text message after every phone call to advise of how much is left from the balance, however, you can still keep track of it by verifying online or by dialing *225, as you indicated.

I have asked the prepaid representative, I was speaking it, if there would be a way for them to update that in your profile and unfortunately it is not something they can modify on their end.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted

Good afternoon @OLDYELLR ,

Thank you for your post. 

I contacted our Pay-As-You-Go department on your behalf and inquire on the issues that you are experiencing.

Technically, you should still be receiving text messages notifications when your balance is about to expire or when your balance is low. You should also received text messages notifications when there is a promotion available to you.

We no longer notify by text message after every phone call to advise of how much is left from the balance, however, you can still keep track of it by verifying online or by dialing *225, as you indicated.

I have asked the prepaid representative, I was speaking it, if there would be a way for them to update that in your profile and unfortunately it is not something they can modify on their end.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@RogersMaude wrote:

Thanks, that explains it.  At least I know something isn't broken, just changed. Receiving a text immediately after making or receiving a call, just as I was putting my phone away, was kind of annoying anyway.  I selected that feature when I was using $25 vouchers and knowing the balance all the time was more important.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario