cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Msg promotion?

JacobH
I've Been Here Awhile

Hey guys,

I have checked the forums and saw someone received a promotional offer to get extra data for 12 months through a text message. It happened last oct 2016 and I just received the same message. I was wondering if it's actually a promotion again or is it someone copying it to scam people?

The message:

Rogers msg: Great news! Get 2 extra GB of data/mo. for your Share Everything plan at no extra cost as our thanks for being a loyal customer. Reply YES within 5 days to receive this gift. Enjoy this gift effective 02/05/2017, valid only for 604-***-**** on your current plan until your next device upgrade for a maximum of 12 months (non-transferrable). Usage exceeding allowance charged at applicable rates as per your plan. You'll receive a confirmation when it's available.

Is this too good to be true?

Thanks for the replies!

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Text Msg promotion?

RogersMaude

Good evening @JacobH,

Thanks for your post & Welcome to the Forums!

LUCKY YOU Smiley Very Happy - Select Share Everything customers are currently being targeted by text message with extra data offers.  This is actually a one-time offer to thank you for your loyalty.

Looks like you received a legitimate interactive SMS that you will need to respond to with the word YES within 5 days, to receive your extra data. This offer is effective from April 21, 2017 until the end of day of May 14, 2017.

Once the additional data has been applied to your account, you will receive a confirmation text message. 

This extra data will remain on your account for the next 12 months. 

Please note that if you change your price plan, do a hardware upgrade or remove your original data from your plan, this extra data will no longer be valid

The extra data is shareable on your account and will be accessible by all users who have a voice and data line on that same Share Everything account.

Hope this addresses all of your inquiries!

RogersMaude

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

RogersMaude

Good evening @JacobH,

Thanks for your post & Welcome to the Forums!

LUCKY YOU Smiley Very Happy - Select Share Everything customers are currently being targeted by text message with extra data offers.  This is actually a one-time offer to thank you for your loyalty.

Looks like you received a legitimate interactive SMS that you will need to respond to with the word YES within 5 days, to receive your extra data. This offer is effective from April 21, 2017 until the end of day of May 14, 2017.

Once the additional data has been applied to your account, you will receive a confirmation text message. 

This extra data will remain on your account for the next 12 months. 

Please note that if you change your price plan, do a hardware upgrade or remove your original data from your plan, this extra data will no longer be valid

The extra data is shareable on your account and will be accessible by all users who have a voice and data line on that same Share Everything account.

Hope this addresses all of your inquiries!

RogersMaude

barndoor
I'm a Trusted Contributor

I'd still document all actions and read the fine print on any communication .  They offered me something for free once .... made all kinds of assurances. It was the beginning of the end for that account I had with Rogers because things started to change after that .   Hopefully it all works out for you but keep your eyes wide open  in your dealings with them .  Smiley Wink

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

Interesting concept of loyalty - It is nice to see it, but if we make any changes, loyalty offer is gone - so guess it is loyalty encouraging no change -  Rogers has had an odd concept of loyalty for a few years now.

And yes, definitely know all the fine print, thanks to the mod for giving us all the detail - wonder if you get that detail when you say yes to the text? Just wondering.

Bruce

JacobH
I've Been Here Awhile
This is the response I got from saying yes.

"Rogers Info: Thank you for responding. Please allow 2-3 weeks for this offer to be added to your account. You will receive a confirmation message via SMS once it has been added."

I will keep you guys updated on what happens. If I get the data or I close the account

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @JacobH

I can confirm this is fine. I got that same text and promotion back in January. Every month they send me a text around 6am letting me know that it's been added on the account. It's only for 12 months and then gets removed off of the account unless otherwise said.. Also if u downgrade ur plan or transfer the line it will be removed.. If u are upgrading or changing ur plan to a higher one ( like i did for both) it stays as per my understanding on my account.

penzioner
I Plan to Stick Around
Often, offer like that will remove any discount one may have...

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @penzioner

This offer does not remove any credits I am pretty sure as my credits have not been touched since they added this.

Some promotions do have that though.

penzioner
I Plan to Stick Around

Hello @Meowmix

Good to hear that.

Shediac2
I've Been Here Awhile

I recieved what looks like a legitimate Rogers message for data upgrade from 475-8... reading through other posts, this looks like the same scam others have reported.  I will block the sender and delete the two messages sent via text to my cell phone.  

Shediac2
I've Been Here Awhile

OR is it legit? Rogers??

barndoor
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@Shediac2 wrote:

... reading through other posts, this looks like the same scam others have reported. .  

Obviously you didn't read the other posts too well to have to ask if it is legit. Smiley Wink

kings1
I've Been Around

Hi, 

I got a text from 475-8 for some free data on my plan for free for 12 months as a promotion. Is this real? and a rogers number? Was supposed to start on my next bill, which is today, but when checked online, it has not been added.

Please help

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @kings1

Does the text say this?

" Rogers Info: Great news! Your extra data has been added to your Share Everything plan at no extra cost. Thank you for being a loyal Rogers customer."

Thats the message I get once a month from the number #3339 which is a Rogers text number.

Its probably the same one my wife got.

She got one, saying that its a promotion, an extra 2g of data, for one year.
Only stipulations, was that if she did a plan change or device upgrade in that time, it would be gone.

We did call in, and had someone check on it.. and it is a legit promotion.

From what i remember though, at least on my wifes, it wasnt for on the next MONTHS bill, it was starting May 30th? (today?).  Even if thats not your normal billing cycle.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Gdkitty

That is correct. However with me and a few others, we did hardware upgrades and changed our plans and the extra 2GB data never came off. Ever single month I get a Text the day my new month starts which is the above post. Instead of 10GB my plan is, I have 14GB (2GB extra data due to me getting a tablet + 2GB data that Rogers gave out to some users as a nice little gesture). Still going on.

They are pooling accounts which use alot of data and or have a good history with Rogers apparently. That's what I was told.

rivalkiran
I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers Cheated me by sending a fool message promotion message.

" Roggers msg: An ipad offer just for you. Get ipad save $240 on your bill on easy pay when you add a tablet line to your share everything plan for only $10/mo. Plus, get 3 GB of bonus data for 24 mo! Just call 18666009170 or visit your local Rogers store. Condition apply. Reply STOP to opt-out of Rogers text msgs. Reach us at http://rogers. com/contactus"

What do they mean? What a customer understand from this message. The meaning of the message is absolutely stupid, there is nothing promotion. They have spoiled my few hours of time for visiting their store. I am sad to be Roger's customer. 

Good evening @rivalkiran,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and thank you for your postRobot Happy.

By no means was the promotional text meant to cause you grief. Please let us know if you have any questions about the offer sent to you. Also, as included in the message, you can absolutely reply STOP to the text to opt out of the promotional Rogers text messages.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

RogersZia

rivalkiran
I've Been Here Awhile

@RogersZia

I have exactly typed the message I got. Read it and tell everyone what offers you have sent to a customer. Am I solving a puzzle here? Being a service provider, be clear and straightforward instead of making people weird. I am sorry for my word but I am too annoyed.

Hey @rivalkiran,

There's no need to apologize. You're totally entitled to feel the way you feel. Good or bad, we always welcome our customers feedback and thank you for sharing yours!

I encourage you to provide your input on our Share A Concern site.

Kind regards,

RogersCilio

Topic Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 12 in conversation