Tethering Playbook

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Tethering Playbook

The "rogers" profile preloaded in PlayBook doesn't seem to work.  It specifies the access point as isp.apn.  I achieved success by manually entering a custom profile with access point specified as internet.com.

Here's how with a Blackberry 9700 phone already connected to PlayBook with BlackBerry Bridge:

1. Internet Tethering screen, "add profile"
  2. type in any name you want for the profile
  3. type in "internet.com" for Access Point
  4. Username and Password seem to be optional
  5. "connect"

******* Edit labels ********

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: Tethering Playbook

Thanks so much for posting this.  I  followed your steps and it worked!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Thanks so much for posting this.  I  followed your steps and it worked!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I have a BB Bold 9900 and Playbook 64Gb with OS 2.0.   The included profile for Rogers using isp.apn does work for me.  YMMV

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I have a bberry 9000. When try to download Blackberry Bridge, it says that it is "not available for device model, decice OS, carrier - is this a Rogers issue or Blackberry or???????? Saw on Blackberry bridge site that for another person using BBerry 990 that the Bridging stopped on may 11???????

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Yews I hgave the same problem with my 9000 I dont see a reply to this? Is there a solution besides buying another blackberry