Terrible Service and Untrained staff

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Terrible Service and Untrained staff

Rogers has some of the worst customer service people I have ever encountered. They tell you one thing and do another, their agents make promises that Rogers wont honour, and they deny all culpability for any issues they cause. I dont know if they intentionally mislead people or just plain dont care but after the issues Ive had i will not be using Rgers anymore. After a glance at this forum I cant see that many other agree with my assessment of Rogers customer service and yet Rogers doesnt even have the manberries to admit they have an issue. Cant wait till Verizon and the rest come up to Canada

***edited labels***

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Terrible Service and Untrained staff

Hello Goetosyrus

Verizon is not coming to Canada. They pulled out months ago. So they aren't coming so i wouldn't get my hopes up or wait around.

I do agree. As u can see in many of my posts, i have complained about the same exact thing. What i do is i ask to record them and record the conversation with them if they allow me. This way i have proof of what they say. Also if they make u a offer over the phone, ask them to write it down on your account and give u the interaction number for that phone call and note on the account. Again this will be proof on what they tell u.

Sadly every single carrier in the world has reps like this. I have seen it in Europe and in US including Verizon. It seems reps do not care and either lie or give false statements. I did post it on here and the Rogers rep did say they would be offering a program where the reps are responsible on what they do and will seek action if they treat u wrong in anyway. This is in the Idea Box forums. .
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I agree with meowmix..

When talking to them... get ALL the info.  Even if it means going over things 10 times.  Have them send you a copy of any plan changes IMEDIATELY when its done so you can check it (not wait for the bill).
Get the transaction number, ALWAYS.

(I would say, that goes for just about ANYTHING you call about.. tech support for a product you bought.. your electric company, etc).

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

@Gdkitty wrote:

I agree with meowmix..

When talking to them... get ALL the info.  Even if it means going over things 10 times.  Have them send you a copy of any plan changes IMEDIATELY when its done so you can check it (not wait for the bill).
Get the transaction number, ALWAYS.

(I would say, that goes for just about ANYTHING you call about.. tech support for a product you bought.. your electric company, etc).

It DOES NOT matter how many times you go over the things with them.

Case in point .... Called Rogers in the morning because of the "Double your Data" promotion. I used to have 250 Mb and I was told they will double that (to 500 Mb) and save me $5 in the process. I couldn`t belive what I was hearing and while the agent (Robyn) was doing the work I kept double and triple checking everything that`s included in the plan. Before hanging up, I asked for a confirmation number and I asked her to repeat back to me again the plan she just set up for me. And everything was good. When I get home in the eveniing, I logged in to my Rogers account on line only to find that I have a 1.2Gb shared plan - when I specifically asked not to have shared data with the other numbers on my account - for $15 more that I was paying before. So....not only that I didn`t save $5 - I got to spend $15 - but now I ended up with 1.2Gb / month that I didn`t want nor asked for. So I called Rogers right the way to retify the problem only to be told that they can not find such a plan - the plan originaly offered by Robyn. Are you kidding me? Why is it that one agent can "find their way" thru the labyrinth of plans while others (not say most) can not? I asked to be transfered to a different agent and guess what? THAT agent "found" the plan offered to me and even him was a bit shocked why would I be told one thing (500Mb plan) and then have that changed to 1.2Gb .... The problem was rectifyed in the end and I got the plan I was originally offered but the point I`m trying to make is that NO confirmation nhumber will be a "proof" that you were given a specific plan... NO confirmation number is a "proof" that the agent is actualy DOING what they tell you they are doing .... Recording the conversation? I don`t always carry a recorder with me but I`ll look to see if there is an app for that and that is how, the next time I call Regers, I will start my conversation: Hello, my name is  _ _ _ _ and I will be recording this conversation. Lets see how that works.     

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello LES2900

Depending on the phone u have, most smartphones have a built in voice recorded which let's u record the conversation. I have done this with my iPhone and Android and blackberry phones. Just put the phone on speaker this way it will record it.

Also that is wrong  if they do lie to u and wrote something else on the note and the managers releases a investigation, its their job on the line. Just make sure u have everything u need. Most teps know that the notes are reviewed by managers before they are put into the accounts.  The phones calls may be reviewed if an investigation is involved.

Also if the rep declines that they won't speak to u while recording do not record them as it will be a serious charge on u as the rep can use it against u as they told u no. The management will not accept it and either will the court. 

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

@Meowmix wrote:

Hello LES2900

Also that is wrong  if they do lie to u and wrote something else on the note and the managers releases a investigation, its their job on the line. Just make sure u have everything u need. Most teps know that the notes are reviewed by managers before they are put into the accounts.  The phones calls may be reviewed if an investigation is involved.

1st of all...I don`t know how notes / records are reviewd by managers. Managers don`t hear what the rep and I are talking about, so basically the rep can set up ANY freaking plan on my account - regardless of what I asked for. I`m not trying to say they all do it, but in my case this is EXACTLY what happened. The rep who actually corrected the mistake, even told me that the plan I was set up with (1.2Gb shared) HAD to be selected and the details entered in my account - so no accidental selection was made. That plan HAD to be selected, then HAD to be added to my account.  

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello LES29000

There is a new plan in place which started a few days ago in which managers sill review and watch what reps say to the customers.