Terrible Customer Service

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leadwell
I've Been Around

Terrible Customer Service

I have yet to experience what I would consider even passable customer service in all the years I have been a Rogers customer and it isn't that any other carrier is better because the decision is simply picking one from a host of businesses that do a good job of promoting and selling but know nothing of customer service or satosfaction. The latest incident is all too typical of what to expect.

I decided to package my home phone with my wireless and in teh transaction save some money. The purchase went fine and was a swift and easy transaction. However that is onky the sales part of the story; then service, or lack of, took over.

I was given careful instructions to call a specific number when my home adapter arrived at which time they, Rogers, would tranfer my calls from my current carrier to themselves. Everything was set or so I thought and I was guaranteed a seamless no-hassle transfer when my number would be ported over to Rogers. I received emails telling me the adapter had been sent and given a tracking number. That was my first bit of concern; they were sending the device via Canada Post, in my experience, the antithesesis of customer service organizations. Never the less I thought, "How bad can they mess it up?" I should have had concerns on both ends as it turns out.

Four days after shipping my home adapter Rogers ported my number and apparently ignoring the fact that I did not call to activate the adapter, in one stroke all of my in-coming calls halted. I called Rogers and during the course of a 25 minute frustrating call with a seemingly congenial but obviuosly inept "service" rep I was finally told that my lack of phone service had been remedied by a simple addition of a call-forwarding option from my home number to my cell nu,ber andit would be a free service. It wasn't all that I expected but it seemed to be a passable solution over the weekend. That is until Saturday.

On Saturday I discovered that my congenial but inept "service" rep had in fact neglected to add the call forwarding and my phone was still inoperable. So began my second 20-minute adventure with Rogers "customer service" department. Thankfully this representative, an empathic young woman, took all of my information and informed me that there had in fact been no call forwarding applied to my phone and checked on the status of my missing adapter, which as it turns out arrived in Brandon and was supposed to have been delivered yesterday but was in fact sitting in the postal depot awaiting a projected delivery in 3 days. The math didn't work for me because it took 2 days for the device to get to Brandon from Ontario and now the efficient postal workers in Brandon would need 4 days to actually deliver it. I am wondering if maybe there is only one delivery person on horseback. after all it is the prairies. Ah for the luxury of a government job with a union that will battle for you regardless of how hard you work or how well you serve the people who pay your salary. 

At any rate my new "service" rep applied the missing call forwarding feature but said there would be a charge for it for 1 month but that she would personally see to it that the charge would be reversed after the month. However there was nothing else that she could do because, as I see it, her micro-managing bureaucratic employer has not seen fit to empowered its "service" people with any tools to actually provide for reasonable service or customer satisfaction. Never the less kudos to Lisa, who with both arms tied behind her back by Rogers, did the best that she could.

As for Rogers it just astounds me how someone organizations could become so wealthy by providing such pathetic service. Then again they also own the Blue Jays. That should have been an omen.

***edited labels***

Hogwash
I'm a Senior Contributor

Re: Terrible Customer Service

Sometimes it takes an OBJECTIVE critique to expose the aspects, of a certain area, that need to be addressed.

GREAT post................

Yea I know, this post is total "Hogwash"
bleuorchid21
I'm Here A Lot

Just phoned and cancelled my service. I have 1 year left on my 3 year plan (and those aren't even offered anymore). I barely use my cell and to me, that is just a waste of money. Ended up getting a figure of $250 + taxes and then my regular bill on top of it. To me, it's better to pay that then cost of another year.

The person I dealt with on the phone wasn't the most pleasant person. He asked me why I wanted to cancel and I told him I just don't use it enough to bother keeping it. He then asked how I would communicate with people if needed and I said I could use someone else's phone and he sarcastically asked if that person would always be with me and if they needed a phone how would they use it if I have one. He also didn't seem too thrilled when he told me the total and I said I definitely wanted to cancel and just kind of said bye instead of thanking me for being a customer, etc.

I can see why people dislike Rogers.

Mcghie
I've Been Here Awhile

OMGosh... Talk about poor. My treatment over the last three months is way to convoluted to explain here... Rest assured I will make it my mission to warn others about the cheap, shoddy, underhand, misleading conniving treatment customers receive at the hands of ROGERS.

Mcghie
I've Been Here Awhile

I would talk to as many people as possible to warn them away from ROGERS. It is just terrible on so many levels.

gmcgarva
I've Been Around

I agree, they charge and feel they dont need to explain. I had VISA dispute my charge and Rogers charged me $25 for a "Returned Credit Card Charge". Rogers has not contacted VISA (and they never will or do according to VISA) to file their side of the story, they just charge me the amount back again with another $25 on top.

Mcghie
I've Been Here Awhile

They have my $32, and thats about it. Interesting to read this... 'Outgoing chief executive Nadir Mohamed said Tuesday the wireless, cable and media company needs to improve its customer service "significantly."We "will actually further work to reinforce this idea that we value our customers (and) we reward our customers for staying with us," he told reporters...' No kidding! They lost me and I'm happy to let share my treatment over the $32. 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Mcghie

Sorry to hear that. Believe me i have my fair share with Rogers as well and they way they do business. Sadly even if u tell those people to stay way from Rogers, Rogers still get 10+ people to sign up with them a day. They are still #1 in wireless with 9.6 million customers i believe. Sadly Rogers only sees and cares about the money. A bit time ago, they started listening to customers but its still the same.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Mcghie

As i said in the other thread, even other carriers do the same. It seems its a trend really. Read Bell and Telus Facebook page. Even all the other carriers Facebook page or forums, (if they have one). Everyone mostly complaints.

FH1
I've Been Around

I agree. Rogers customer service is very poor. I recently join rogers from bell and at the time of sign up for multiple services I was given certain offer and everything was documented. But when I got my first bill , I am completely shocked none of the offer has been honoured . I called customer relation and spoke to a manager, she was very unprofessional and rude. I wAs trapped into false offered by rogers sales rep. Soon I will switch my services.