Terrible Bandwidth Caps

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Re: Terrible Bandwidth Caps

@Enigmatic

Please check out our latest RedBoard blog post on usage based billing here.

Thanks

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@ ,

The blog explanation is completely flared. The writter compares bandwitdh usage to such scare resources as energy, gas - there is no comparison there. Tell me, why should Canadians pay super premium prices when population in US, Japan are enjoing 10x lower fees?

Customer paying $50-60 per month should have access to 300GB not to mere 95GB -125GB. The whole disusssion is to raise the caps, not to keep them at current, low limits.

Highlighted
I'm a Regular

that blog was a bit painful to read.

Caps should be raised. Rogers could gain a lot of Bell's customers by raising Caps!! or they could let all those customers go to smaller isps who offer higher caps. Rogers could take the ball and run with it!  (Esp. since the CRTC's terrible ruling to kill compeititon with bandwidht caps looks like it will be reversed.) ....or it could fight a losing battle. United States the big companies offer much higher bandwidth caps (250)....  According to figures posted in the media, the cost of sending extra gigabyte is 1 to 3 cents. So Rogers can Only gain by raising their low caps.

What exactly technology wise is holding Canada back?

Don't say congestion... has anybody on here ever felt congestion while surfing with rogers? my guess is no. but discuss.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Agreed, caps shouldn't exist... With everything eveyone does on the net, surf, p2p transfering, online gaming with pc or console, reading papers, email, watching youtube videos... regardless of what you do, the net is becoming a more useful spot for people to invest their time, an money.. these caps are going down as more an more people actually incorporate it into their every day life. weather it be checking the bus schedule or weather reports or whatever you do... I think the whole cap is going the wrong way.. make caps larger if existant, if people want faster speeds charge for that... I have rogers highest speed an the only reason i got it was cause of how much i d/l an use with having 3 kids playing games with ps3, xbox, ipad wifi, iphone wifi, laptops, desktops, an a tv that goes onlne as well... But recently have been so disappointed in the throttleing, or what does rogers call it "controlling you" like i pay for the 50/meg an 175 gig, let me download what i want at the speed I actually pay for.. don't advertise one thing an then say oh sorry we are going to limit p2p... 

We need more control of what they can do to us or we just need another provider that will..... I love this country but we are to scared to let in competition...

If you got someone into your house to renovate it, wouldnt you fire him if he took to long an you paid him for 100 % of his efforts >

But this is just me 🙂

EL

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

My son recently signed up for Rogers Express. He was provided with one of the SMC modems. He has twice now exceeded his usage limit of 60 GB and of course Rogers wants to bill him extra for this transgression. However, the router part of the modem/router combo is continuously dropping the wireless connection. He did complain about this once, was told to come a get a new modem and the new modem works no better than the old one - another piece of junk. So how is it that when he exceeds his limit, Rogers is holding him to his contract, yet when Rogers does not live up to their part of the contract (renting a modem/router which only half works), they get away with it?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@ ,

Your son should work some kind of discount if he experiences sudden and frequent connectivity drops. I imagine that Rogers should send out technicians if issues is recurring to fix the problem.

CAPS:

This issue is just outragous. When I signed up with Rogers back in June 2010 the cap on Extreme package was 115 GB, then 2 months later they *suddenly* decreased this limit 95 GB. My account stayed at 100 GB limit, however, when I went over the limit, the charges were applied (guess why: Netflix debuted in my home in December). To avoid further, outragous $1.50 per GB charges i had to upgrade to Extreme Plus fearing that my kids watching Barney, Dora on Netlix and me some movies will max out the limit quick. I am paying $60 per month, and with Netflix, YouTube usage, Radio playing all day, surfing, I will (along with other 3 member of family) max out my limit.

I am watching my bandwith every day to stay in boundries but this is not right when my friends from US, Europe are peacefully enjoying the Net with limits from 200-300 GB to unlimited.

ROGERS - INCREASE THE DAMMED CAPS - LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

I've been a customer for 13 years - we dropped television 2 years ago because after all the price hikes and then the CRTC allowing more commercials in every half-hour it became pretty pointless - and I've hung onto the internet access and have watched Rogers decrease decrease the value of what they sell more and more every year.   Lowering the second tier 'allowance' to 15GB from 25GB to new subscribers, well, that's pretty brutal.  I feel sorry for everybody here.  Too bad not many people will get a chance to read this...before our community 'handlers' delete this entire thread.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers customers are already affected by all this talk about usage caps & additional charges. We already have a usage cap and already pay  a minimum of $1.50 each GIG that we go over the cap. Although if we are under the cap Rogers does not carry over the remainder to the next month --> doesn't really seem fair does it?
Let's put some pressure on Rogers to change their payment scheme and treat us fairly. If they are going to charge us when we go over the cap, they should reimburse us when we are under the cap!!
From,
Tired of paying more than our US neighbours for Internet & cell phones.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Slowly entrapped in a pretty garden

We lost our freedom of choice

They only give us what they give us

Well....

Thumbs Down to you Rogers!

...oh right, no thumbs down allowed in the pretty Rogers garden.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

NO caps, period.  I already pay an outrageous price for Internet.  When I joined with Rogers it was unlimited.  Then they quietly changed it to "Unlimited ONLINE TIME", which is laughable for a network connection that is always connected.  Perhaps this was supposed to win over people from dialup?

Honestly, Rogers should just change their slogan to:    "We're not happy, until YOU'RE not happy."