Terrible Bandwidth Caps

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Manager (Retired)

Re: Terrible Bandwidth Caps

Hi Khicken,

We do not discuss our offerings in comparison to other providers.

We are very proud of our network and ability to provide customers with a full selection of superior speeds, bandwidth, value and reliability, regardless of where they live within our footprint.

More information is available at www.rogers.com/internet or you can check out our RedBoard post here.

Thanks

Highlighted

@Enigmatic

Hi there,

I'll look into this for you and send you a PM as soon as I have more information.

Thanks for your patience.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

The bandwidth caps on Rogers are horrible. Luckily teksavvy will soon be available in my area, along with 300GB/unlimited caps.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@ajtsmiller

You should know that Rogers doesn't have CAPS they have ALLOWANCES.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

This article appeared in the Toronto Sun today!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Great article in Toronto Sun - to recap:

CRTC decision and their politics allow Rogers and Bell to charge me four times what the same service costs Americans.

And that is just outragous!

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I go over my cap (80 gigs) almost every month, most months i am charged the maximum of $50 over.  when i go over the $50 max, lets say $87 over. i get a line on my bill that says "savings this month $37", yeah savings nice.   I watch TV online, netflix, school, work stuff, xbox, etc...  these are all common applications for the internet that most people use.  Not only are my applications throttled (working on proving this), i have to pay well over $100/month for my internet.  This needs to change, we are falling behind the rest of the world and it is because of you and your competitors.  raise the allowances so that they compare to the rest of the developed world.  Please.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Khicken

The technical term you are searching for is:  TELEVISION  Rogers doesn't want to lose market share of the TV market.  The internet threatens that and that is why over the course of the last five years they have consistantly lowered their cap, er, allowances.  The other technical term you might be searching for is MONEY.  Rogers, like Bell, stands to make a killing off of the over charges once consumers wake to the fact that the internet is more than just email!

Highlighted
I'm a Regular

@  ravonic

If you are going over by that much every month you should probably upgrade to Extreme Plus to save yourself a bit of money on overage/ubb charges.

I think most on here are aware of Canada's position in the world regading internet pricing/speed/caps etc....

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

This is also an interesting article relating the cuts in bandwidth to Rogers price increases. I especially like the last paragraph:

"When viewed over several years, the price increase and service drops have been dramatic. In 2006, a Rogers Extreme customer paid $46.95 a month with no bandwidth throttling, Flickr Pro, a free personal web account and an Unlimited bandwidth cap. Today a new customer would need to sign up to Rogers Ultimate service at $100 per month for a 175 GB cap and it would not include the Flickr Pro account."

http://www.digitalhome.ca/2010/07/rogers-cuts-internet-service-while-keeping-prices-the-same/

The 42 comments also make for interesting reading!