Terrible 3g service on my Galaxy S2 for weeks now in Calgary

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Terrible 3g service on my Galaxy S2 for weeks now in Calgary

Over the past few weeks I've been seeing REALLY spotty service on my 3g. It could be on the bus, or at work, or at home... I'll have periods of about 30m to an hour where my phone will transmit data but nothing will come back from the network. 

I'm curious if anyone else in the Calgary area has been seeing on and off 3G performance and if it's starting to frustrate you

****Edited Labels****

Retired Moderator RogersRavi
Retired Moderator

Re: Terrible 3g service on my Galaxy S2 for weeks now in Calgary

Try posting it on our technical board to see if anyone can assist.  Also not sure if you have tried to reset the network settings on the phone yet.

I Plan to Stick Around

In general, Rogers 3G networks are overloaded and deliver very sad speeds.  This has been an accerating trend that started around mid-2010 ish.  Some places worse than others.  Basically they don't much care about HSPA anymore and are working to get onto LTE.  You cannot expect functional high-speed transfer on Rogers HSPA anymore.  You can certainly expect to continue to get billed as if you were though.......

I've Been Here Awhile

winnipeg issues too!  LTE a no go!  4g maybe, 1 block from tower and no cell phone reception  in selkirk  lol!  no bars, battery drain like a sive!  dont blame the phone ....  all updates are done as per your tech people!  it your operating sytem issued!

I Plan to Stick Around

The advertisements Roges creates suggesting x speed for their HSPA are quite simply lies.  There is not other way to describe it.  HSPA is trash right now with Rogers, and they are not fixing it.  Telus/Bell network far outperforms them in areas where LTE is not an option.  I believe Rogers LTE is fast, assuming you are not caught in one of their repeated mass outages.