Tango Update Failing For Samsung Focus Due to Missing Update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Tango Update Failing For Samsung Focus Due to Missing Update

I've been trying to update my Samsung Focus to the Tango (8773) and repeatedly get an 80004005 error with text reading "Update failed: Update for Windows Phone (OSVersion 7.10.8112.7)".

I couldnt figure out for the life of me why I was getting this error even though I tried multiple computers, work-arounds I found online, etc. and THEN while looking at my phone's OS for the purpose of including it in this post, I realized I'm running 8107 and the version 8112 is needed before I can upgrade to Tango (8773).

So, the Zune says "Available update: Update for Windows Phone (OSVersion 7.10.8112.7) which I do not have and was never prompted to upgrade to. Therefore, it is not possible for me to upgrade at this time.

My question now morphs from what the heck is a 80004005 error, to how the heck do I get through this if the 8112 update is no longer pushed (not that I ever got it in the first place), but is needed for 8773?? What the heck happened to cumulative updates??

PLEASE HELP!

Device Details:
1. Phone Manufacturer :  Samsung
2. Phone Model: SGH-i917R (Focus)
3. Mobile Operator: Rogers Canada
4. Phone Operating System version: 7.10.8107.79  <---this seems to be the cause. The tango update states it is an update for 8112 while I have 8107.
5. Zune software version: 4.8
6. Computer Operating System version: Windows 7 x64

****Edited Labels****

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Tango Update Failing For Samsung Focus Due to Missing Update

8112 will come before 8773. It came for me. Try pulling battery out and reboot computer. Turn your phone to airplane mode. Then try update
Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation