TVTropolis

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Regular

Re: TVTropolis

Pauly we just don't want a channel that plays all reality stuff.  Anyways I got the email back from Shaw..... 

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting DTOUR. We really appreciate the time you have taken to share your comments as viewer feedback is very important to us. We regret to learn, however, that you are not enjoying aspects of our programming at this time. Please do note that our schedule changes frequently and can always be accessed at

Shaw Media is committed to ongoing reviews of our properties to ensure we focus efforts and investments on products that have the greatest audience and subscriber appeal. The most popular programming from TVtropolis can now be found elsewhere. For instance, Friends will be on Slice

) and Law and Order will find its new home on Mystery TV  A number of programs will be available on Deja View as well , the channel devoted to bringing you TV’s ultimate classics. The series moving from TVtropolis to Deja View include Roseanne, Frasier, The Drew Carey Show, 3rd Rock From the Sun, Everybody Loves Raymond, Golden Girls and That 70’s Show.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your comments. We will be sure to share them with our programming department for their review and consideration. They are always particularly eager to hear from our viewers as they continue to develop our network and make future scheduling decisions.

Regards,

DTOUR

Viewer Relations

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Jayzino

You know what is funny? I just received the same email as you did. It seems they are sending a scripted email to those who incurred about TVtropolis.

I've Been Around

I think  the new TV station DTOUR (SHAW MEDIA) absolutely stinks.Bring back TV Tropolis.We enjoyed watching the old TV sitcoms. DTOUR is just horrible........."GET RID OF IT"       

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello downriiger58

Sadly you need to email this to Shaw Media. Rogers can not or will do anything as they do not own or have rights for that channel. Me and Jayzino emailed Shaw Media and got the same response. The more people emailing or contacting Shaw Media, something may come up but its a long shot.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

those of you who are asking for a specific channel to return, which will never happen in this lifetime, the parent of that channel: Shaw Media, also owns many other channels such as Slice, HGTV, Global, etc. if you havent noticed, many of the shows are replayed on other shaw media channels, just because they changed the format doesnt mean the programming will disappear, shaw will likely broadcast some of the content they played on TV Trop on other Shaw media channels, providing they still have the rights to the content, and the other channels licence allows it, which is most likely the case. Now all of you asking for "TV Tropolis" to return, and are getting the scripted email from Shaw Media telling you it wont, hate to say this but I TOLD YOU SO. no need to get mad at me, I am not trying to be a **bleep**, I know how TV broadcasting industry works and I am just saving you time since a lot of you want something but dont know why its not possible, im saving you from wasting your breath you should be thankfull not hatred towards me

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Pauly

In the email, it NEVER said it will not return. Please point out that it said that. Second we are not wasting our time. As customers, we are ALLOWED to email the channel owner and tell them out opinions of the change. You seem not to understand that tho. You may accept the change but others do not. So as customers we submitted a email to Shaw.

We know why its not possible, we are not that dumb. We are expressing our feelings on the change of the name / channel. As paying customers, we are emailing & asking them on why they removed the channel.

You do not work for Shaw or have any relations to them. So why come in here & tell us  what to do? If we wish to email them & " waste" our time as you call in, let us. Has nothing to do with you. You are getting way out of line here & i would kindly ask you to just drop the topic & move on. No need to come back & post a reply in which will start a argument or fight. Understand & accept as paying customers, we are allowed to ask questions & email the channel owner. If you wish not to like it, i understand but do not post on how we are " wasting our time & other little rude comments". Either post helpful comments or do not post at all.

Anyways, lets stay on topic & if Pauly you want to say something, PM it to me or him.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

At least it looks like a bunch of the shows, will at least be moving to one of their other channels.. rather than gone altogether..

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Gdkitty

Some of those shows ( limited ones) have been aired before on other channels. What Shaw did, was ask other channel providers to start showing those shows so customers can watch them still. There should be a channel just like TVtropolis was & air all those shows.

Most shows they aired are not even played on TV anymore as they think they are old & many would not watch. Sadly they are mistaken tho. While i know people would rather watch new shows & such, older people would want to watch the old shows.

I'm a Regular

Most of the shows from tvtropolis can be seen on other tv channels now. If not, you can always buy a copy of a show thats off the air. Shaw wants to go in a different direction and they don't seem to want to bring tvtropolis back. There's no need to fight about it. There are plenty of other things to watch.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello DiscoGranny

Not all of us want to watch tv shows about rich people and tv shows about how to buy a house or collect things. Some of us want to watch old school TV shows which we grew up with. We are fighting to get that back. If its a bad thing in people's eyes, so be it. I could really care less as i want the TV shows i watch.