TVTropolis

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: TVTropolis

Hello Pauly

I already know what the link meant. Thanks for the tip Smiley Wink.

We can only hope someone else or if so many people make a fuss about this, Shaw can bring it back. We can only hope.
I Plan to Stick Around

As usual, the rebranding is due to money; probably not enough coming and more than they want going out. Ad space is what specialty channels are all about.

Highlighted
I'm a Regular

I got nothing better to do so I emailed Shaw Media telling them what I thought of the new channel and asked why the change.  Now I know it won't do anything to bring back TV Tropolis or anything better than Dtour but I had to tell them what I thought anyways.    Smiley Wink

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Jayzino

I actually emailed Shaw Media last night about this. I told them how i and other felt about this. Now i doubt they will tell me something real, just them saying about them selfs BUT if many of us do email them, maybe just maybe something may come up.
I've Been Here Awhile

Seriously ???  With all the depression is this world, TVTropolis was the only Channel that made anybody laugh. The old shows, Fraser, Roseanne, Everyone Loves Raymond, King of Queens, Golden Girls, 3rd Rock from the Sun, 70 Show, Married with Children, Friends and do I need to list anymore of FANTASTIC SHOWS !!!

Why do we need anymore fake TV for the world to try to live up too or get depressed over ? Rogers will start to lose customers, maybe me as well.... This will make me think about returning my PVR as well costing Rogers money $$$$$$$

I use to PVR these shows and watch them at my convince.. Now, really no need for this PVR/expense anymore.

Can we as customers ask ?  WHY WOULD THEY CHANGE ?????  Do the customers not have an opinion ? There are enough reality shows out there, I don t remember a survey going around ??????

So so sad Smiley Sad

I've Been Here Awhile

I understand now, do not like it but get it...  Rebrand ?  Gee, have they looked at what is out there now, what they are replacing it with ? 

I'm a Regular

Maybe it's a sign of advancing age, but I find most tv programs now to be a waste of time. We watch more TVO and PBS now than anything, especially since we're analog and have lost pretty much all channels after 42 Discovery. I'm dumbfounded that out of the remaining 35-40 channels there is rarely anything on worth watching. Adding 200 more crappy chanels won't improve anything and will only cost me more money. The only good regular stuff on is Longmire, Heck(!) on Wheels, and Ripper Street. The only worthwhile sitcom is Big Bang Theory. So, if the Blue Jays aren't losing on TV, I usually pop in a DVD or watch something on the interweb.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah.. unless the channel iteself, is OWNED by rogers (which rogers does own a bunch of channels)... really in the end.. there is NOTHING rogers can do in these cases Smiley Sad

Content, is purely up to the company that owns that specific channel.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

What i think should be fair is that Rogers or another company should bring back the channel and have all the shows on it again. Wishful thinking right? Many even my parents loved that channel.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

While were at it, why not bring back HD Net,  Toronto 1,  Prime (the station before it became tv tropolis), and the old discovery hd (before it became branded to discovery world)???