cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TVTropolis

Jayzino
I'm a Regular

Just wanted to say bring back TV Tropolis!  I don't want Dtour crap reality channel.      Smiley Frustrated

***Edited labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: TVTropolis

Tvtropolis has been shut down, there are no other providers with it. DTour channel is the rebranded version. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TVtropolis

View solution in original post

72 REPLIES 72

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Jayzino

I actually saw that my self. Parents and family members want TVtropolis back as well.

There is so much reality stuff on/out... as suprisingly.. it IS what the larger % of people watch....

Scarry thought.. that is what our society is comming to 😞

sfife
I've Been Around

Tvtropolis was the channel most watched in our house.  Since Shaw bought Rogers 33% I guess it would not help to ask for it back.  But I suppose we could...wait for it... find the company with  tvtropolis and sign up there?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello sfife

That would be something you & your family would need to discuss. If you think leaving Rogers for another cable provider which offers tvtropolis, then go for it!. I would do it if i just watched that channel.

The thing is that Rogers & the TV channel owners most likely made it this way.

Tvtropolis has been shut down, there are no other providers with it. DTour channel is the rebranded version. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TVtropolis

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Tmothy12

It seems Shaw changed it as they wanted to rebrand it to Dtour. Hopefully if enough people make a fuss about this, they will change it back OR bring TVtropolis back on another channel.

I rather watch other TV shows then reality shows about houses & rich people.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

TV Tropolis has been re-branded now as D-Tour.  that means the existing licence was CHANGED, so it means TV Tropolis as a channel does NOT exist any more, its not a Rogers issue, its not a bell issue, its not a cogeco issue,  if you have an issue with it, contact SHAW Media, not shaw the cable company, but even if they were to bring it back they would need to apply for a enw channel licence and have it approved by CRTC first, since the channel is now considered Defunct. Will they consider doing this? problay when pigs fly but in all likely ness, never.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Pauly

As Tmothy12 showed us the link, it explains it all in there & a few other sites as well.

Hopefully they bring back TVtropolis even tho it was rebranded.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yes i know what the link says, and I'm translating it into a language and t erm that is comprehensive to the average joe, including yourself.  TV Tropolis will NEVER come back as a cable channel.  maybe some of the programming may re-appear on their sister station Dejaview, but it will NEVER come back as a channel, no point in people petitioning for it, the execs at Shaw media make the final decision and we know what their decision resulted in.  anyways channels get rebranded all the time.  TV Tropolis was a re-brand already, it was origionally called soemthing else

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Pauly

I already know what the link meant. Thanks for the tip ;).

We can only hope someone else or if so many people make a fuss about this, Shaw can bring it back. We can only hope.

JWBF
I Plan to Stick Around

As usual, the rebranding is due to money; probably not enough coming and more than they want going out. Ad space is what specialty channels are all about.

I got nothing better to do so I emailed Shaw Media telling them what I thought of the new channel and asked why the change.  Now I know it won't do anything to bring back TV Tropolis or anything better than Dtour but I had to tell them what I thought anyways.    Smiley Wink

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Jayzino

I actually emailed Shaw Media last night about this. I told them how i and other felt about this. Now i doubt they will tell me something real, just them saying about them selfs BUT if many of us do email them, maybe just maybe something may come up.

Barrie2013
I've Been Here Awhile

Seriously ???  With all the depression is this world, TVTropolis was the only Channel that made anybody laugh. The old shows, Fraser, Roseanne, Everyone Loves Raymond, King of Queens, Golden Girls, 3rd Rock from the Sun, 70 Show, Married with Children, Friends and do I need to list anymore of FANTASTIC SHOWS !!!

Why do we need anymore fake TV for the world to try to live up too or get depressed over ? Rogers will start to lose customers, maybe me as well.... This will make me think about returning my PVR as well costing Rogers money $$$$$$$

I use to PVR these shows and watch them at my convince.. Now, really no need for this PVR/expense anymore.

Can we as customers ask ?  WHY WOULD THEY CHANGE ?????  Do the customers not have an opinion ? There are enough reality shows out there, I don t remember a survey going around ??????

So so sad 😞

Barrie2013
I've Been Here Awhile

I understand now, do not like it but get it...  Rebrand ?  Gee, have they looked at what is out there now, what they are replacing it with ? 

Cap07
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Maybe it's a sign of advancing age, but I find most tv programs now to be a waste of time. We watch more TVO and PBS now than anything, especially since we're analog and have lost pretty much all channels after 42 Discovery. I'm dumbfounded that out of the remaining 35-40 channels there is rarely anything on worth watching. Adding 200 more crappy chanels won't improve anything and will only cost me more money. The only good regular stuff on is Longmire, Heck(!) on Wheels, and Ripper Street. The only worthwhile sitcom is Big Bang Theory. So, if the Blue Jays aren't losing on TV, I usually pop in a DVD or watch something on the interweb.

Yeah.. unless the channel iteself, is OWNED by rogers (which rogers does own a bunch of channels)... really in the end.. there is NOTHING rogers can do in these cases 😞

Content, is purely up to the company that owns that specific channel.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
What i think should be fair is that Rogers or another company should bring back the channel and have all the shows on it again. Wishful thinking right? Many even my parents loved that channel.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

While were at it, why not bring back HD Net,  Toronto 1,  Prime (the station before it became tv tropolis), and the old discovery hd (before it became branded to discovery world)???

Pauly we just don't want a channel that plays all reality stuff.  Anyways I got the email back from Shaw..... 

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting DTOUR. We really appreciate the time you have taken to share your comments as viewer feedback is very important to us. We regret to learn, however, that you are not enjoying aspects of our programming at this time. Please do note that our schedule changes frequently and can always be accessed at

Shaw Media is committed to ongoing reviews of our properties to ensure we focus efforts and investments on products that have the greatest audience and subscriber appeal. The most popular programming from TVtropolis can now be found elsewhere. For instance, Friends will be on Slice

) and Law and Order will find its new home on Mystery TV  A number of programs will be available on Deja View as well , the channel devoted to bringing you TV’s ultimate classics. The series moving from TVtropolis to Deja View include Roseanne, Frasier, The Drew Carey Show, 3rd Rock From the Sun, Everybody Loves Raymond, Golden Girls and That 70’s Show.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your comments. We will be sure to share them with our programming department for their review and consideration. They are always particularly eager to hear from our viewers as they continue to develop our network and make future scheduling decisions.

Regards,

DTOUR

Viewer Relations

Topic Stats