TVTropolis

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Regular

TVTropolis

Just wanted to say bring back TV Tropolis!  I don't want Dtour crap reality channel.      Smiley Frustrated

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: TVTropolis

Hello Jayzino

I actually saw that my self. Parents and family members want TVtropolis back as well.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There is so much reality stuff on/out... as suprisingly.. it IS what the larger % of people watch....

Scarry thought.. that is what our society is comming to Smiley Sad

I've Been Around

Tvtropolis was the channel most watched in our house.  Since Shaw bought Rogers 33% I guess it would not help to ask for it back.  But I suppose we could...wait for it... find the company with  tvtropolis and sign up there?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello sfife

That would be something you & your family would need to discuss. If you think leaving Rogers for another cable provider which offers tvtropolis, then go for it!. I would do it if i just watched that channel.

The thing is that Rogers & the TV channel owners most likely made it this way.
I'm a Regular

Tvtropolis has been shut down, there are no other providers with it. DTour channel is the rebranded version. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TVtropolis

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Tmothy12

It seems Shaw changed it as they wanted to rebrand it to Dtour. Hopefully if enough people make a fuss about this, they will change it back OR bring TVtropolis back on another channel.

I rather watch other TV shows then reality shows about houses & rich people.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

TV Tropolis has been re-branded now as D-Tour.  that means the existing licence was CHANGED, so it means TV Tropolis as a channel does NOT exist any more, its not a Rogers issue, its not a bell issue, its not a cogeco issue,  if you have an issue with it, contact SHAW Media, not shaw the cable company, but even if they were to bring it back they would need to apply for a enw channel licence and have it approved by CRTC first, since the channel is now considered Defunct. Will they consider doing this? problay when pigs fly but in all likely ness, never.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Pauly

As Tmothy12 showed us the link, it explains it all in there & a few other sites as well.

Hopefully they bring back TVtropolis even tho it was rebranded.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yes i know what the link says, and I'm translating it into a language and t erm that is comprehensive to the average joe, including yourself.  TV Tropolis will NEVER come back as a cable channel.  maybe some of the programming may re-appear on their sister station Dejaview, but it will NEVER come back as a channel, no point in people petitioning for it, the execs at Shaw media make the final decision and we know what their decision resulted in.  anyways channels get rebranded all the time.  TV Tropolis was a re-brand already, it was origionally called soemthing else