TV in bedroom .. Do I need another box or reciever?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

TV in bedroom .. Do I need another box or reciever?

I'd like to have cable in my bedroom and I was just wondering if I need to call and order another box or a reciever? Any info would be great! Thanks!!

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: TV in bedroom .. Do I need another box or reciever?

If you want to view the same channels you have on your main tv in your bedroom, yes, you will need another box.

Eventually, you won't be able tō get any channels without some form of box, but you can still get some channels via a direct connection to the wall.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Just to expand on Lurkers info Smiley Happy

Out of the wall, you may get select channels.. less and less as ALL analog is droped off.

You can get a FREE DTA from rogers.. which will allow channels 1-60.  So if you subscribe for MORE channels than that, this TV will not get them.
From there.. you would have to buy/rent a full digital box of some form (SD, HD, HDPVR, etc)

I've Been Here Awhile

Yeah, I thought Rogers had got rid of analog already. Was surprised to see that it still exist. BTW; the DTA adaptor sucks. Better off begging Rogers for a digital one for free rental. 

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 in conversation