TV channels missing

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
toolcubed
I'm a Senior Contributor

TV channels missing

Many of our TV channels are black without sound.  This is the 3rd time in the last couple months.  The other day, I lost Internet and Home Phone service for over an hour.  Called friends in the area and they too are reporting these "missing" channels.  Rogers, you have ONE more chance.  If this happens again soon, I will take my business (for all services) elsewhere.  You guys have been the most unreliable provider I've been with.

****Edited Labels****

MMushy
I've Been Around

Re: TV channels missing

Same thing just happened to me today. It was fine in the morning then some guys tinkered with the cable junction outside my home, when they did it I lost tv and phone. Didnt watch tv again until now and I find that a bunch of channels are now pixels, CBC, CItyTV, CNN, BBC. Whats going on and most importantly how to fix it?

Should you guys make sure things work after you tinker with it?

babbar
I Plan to Stick Around

Same thing happened to me today, some channels are either black screen or scrambled. At first I thought It was just the conversion to digital so I scanned for digital channels on my lcd but that didn't work
Kreagerwaves
I'm Here A Lot

I live in Bradford,On and my channels are messed up too.

Bravo ch40,Space ch50,TCM ch48 and about 15 others as well I dont use a digital box I have basic cable I have not tuched me cable lines I just turned my tv on and poof there messed up and all pixelated I have been waiting for a month to watch the last episode of 'Flash point' on Bravo it starts at ten tonight and if I cant see it I'am going to be very upset

"Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning."
- Erwin Rommel (Wüstenfuchs ( The Desert Fox)
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

These may be seperate issues (depending on everyone's location)

MMushy: where thy there for something for you or someone else, they may have screwed something up accidentally on yours. You would have to call them and have a tech come out to fix it. Also complain about what the other tech did and screwed up.

Missing or pixelated digital channels, usually are a signal issue. I nothing has changed internally, could be something in the area.

As for the analog, not sure. Signal is usually less of an issue, but if the whole are is having an issue, could be it. Also, the analog will be disappearing at some point, could be any time, so as time goes on there may be channels that start disappearing. (For basic cable people there are ways of still getting them all with a free dta)

In the end, it's always a good idea to call in (assuming your phone isn't down :p). Hey may already know of an outage in an area. And if not, it helps alert them that there is. Often a bunch need to call for it to trigger as an issue in an area.

Kreagerwaves
I'm Here A Lot

I called and they told me Richmond hill,maple thornhill and surrounding areas are experiencing reception problems and they are working to fix it ASAP. LOL Now could this be fixed tonight do you think since its 8:30 or do they work all night? Who else is having problems like this today and what area do you live in?
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

while its possible those areas issues are affecting you.. not necessarily either.

It will help if others that posted here, if they come back, could post where they are located (could richmond/thornhill area).

I know its not just a 'north of thornhill' sort of thing, as i am in keswick (so not far from you, just across the marsh/bottom of the lake) and it is ok  here.

Kreagerwaves
I'm Here A Lot

Well ether way its out of my hands.
I'am going to watch my show online like I did for 3 years before I got cable again
it kind of makes me wonder why I have it at all since its all free online anyways.
here is the link to the show on the ctv web site and the free rogers on demand web site as well for the folks that need it.
http://www.ctv.ca/FlashPoint/video.aspx

http://www.rogersondemand.com/
RogersAndrewNP
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello all,

An outage may impact some Rogers Internet, Cable and Home Phone customers in some areas of Scarborough, Markham, and Thornhill. We apologize for the inconvenience and are working to resolve ASAP

Thanks,

RogersAndrewNP

Kreagerwaves
I'm Here A Lot

LOL