TV Guide on Home Edition iPad app

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: TV Guide on Home Edition iPad app

@falcios:

Thank you for your feedback. Glad to hear your issue has been resolved.

I Plan to Stick Around

To access the online Rogers TV guide, to access PVR and/or schedule recordings from the web, go through this cryptic pathway:

1) Sign in to MyRogers > My Services > TV

2) Click on and sign in to Rogers Anyplace TV > Manage PVR

Channels which you don't have access to are greyed out on the left column (grey icons).  

Unbelievable how difficult such a simple thing becomes when Rogers-related!  Sad but hope this helps!  🙂  

Darryl

I Plan to Stick Around

Here's a screen shot of the end result: 

Online TV Guide ScreenShot.jpg

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you search this forum for "AnyPlace" you will find several threads on this topic.

BTW, I don't believe that AnyPlace differentiates between subscribed and unsubscribed channels.

http://www.rogers.com/web/support/tv/anyplace-tv/410?setLanguage=en

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Online Rogers TV Guide and PVR Access

Hi 57, 

I don't think many people would think to use "anyplace" in their search.  It's a superfluous word.  

It's surprisingly difficult to find the online guide, so that's why I posted here.  I spent an hour before searching the forums on this subject... unsuccessfully.  

D

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@Gebs wrote:

Channels which you don't have access to are greyed out on the left column (grey icons).  

Darryl

Not for me, but I use the web app with Firefox and Windows 7 (which characteristically is says "We seem to be experiencing some difficulties. Please try signing in again at a later time. We apologize for the inconvenience." right now).  I'll check again later when it's up to confirm that unsubscribed channels are indistinguishable.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Senior Advisor

Yesterday the Manage PVR button on my RAPTV web app just gave an error, saying to try later. Today is sort of works. The Guide comes up, but it says "STB not available" in the top left corner.  It looks like RAPTV is still not working reliably today.

Anyway, I see what @Gebs was talking about when he said "greyed out".  The actual channel cell in the left column has a grey TV symbol instead of the coloured channel logo.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@OLDYELLR wrote:

Anyway, I see what @Gebs was talking about when he said "greyed out".  The actual channel cell in the left column has a grey TV symbol instead of the coloured channel logo.

Yes, but the grey TV symbol has nothing to do with unsubscribed channels - at least in my case. There are many grey ones that I get and many coloured ones that I don't get.

I also had some issues with the web version this morning, but it seems to be working fine now.  I use either the web or iPad versions daily and haven't had any problems for weeks.

Also, make sure you're not logged into the forum when trying to access AnyPlace or vice versa. This always causes issues for me and is one of the reasons I sign out of the forum.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@57 wrote:

@OLDYELLR wrote:

Yes, but the grey TV symbol has nothing to do with unsubscribed channels - at least in my case. There are many grey ones that I get and many coloured ones that I don't get.

I also had some issues with the web version this morning, but it seems to be working fine now.  I use either the web or iPad versions daily and haven't had any problems for weeks.

Also, make sure you're not logged into the forum when trying to access AnyPlace or vice versa. This always causes issues for me and is one of the reasons I sign out of the forum.

So there goes that theory.  I never had trouble with the web app before while signed in to the Forum. This morning, before signing in here, it was partly working with "STB not available", but now I'm getting this:

Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

Cookie

/n

As well, I'm sometimes now not getting the Manage PVR button until I sign out and sign back in again. Signing out of RAPTV does not affect the Forum, but removing Rogers cookies, which I've tried, does require signing in to the Forum again to reply to a post.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Okay, I now see my RAPTV Manage PVR web app working correctly.

Going down the left channel column, as suggested by @Gebs to look for greyed out TV icons, I find that they only sometimes coincide with unsubscribed channels, just like @57 said.  When I click a show on a channel I'm not subscribed to, whether it has a greyed out TV icon or not, I get this message if I try to set a recording:

ACCOUNT ERROR: You do not subscribe to the selected channel. Please call Rogers at 1-888-ROGERS1 (764-3771) to modify your account (903).

So, basically, the web app Rogers Guide does not tell me much more that the Zap2it (now "Screener") TV Listings, except the latter has more descriptive information available.

I can also confirm that now when I'm signed in to the Forum and close the RAPTV tabs, I get Bad Request message if I try to go back in, so something has changed (like it always does).