TV Guide Never Updates

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: TV Guide Never Updates

That's exactly the box I have.  Purchased 3 years ago.  To receive the updates to TV guide Rogers wants me to purchase or rent a new box from them.  But I don't mind the fact that the guide never updates - it's a topic of conversation whenever I have visitors and many don't like the new look anyway.  

Everything else works fine. I can record 90 hours.  And setting recordings is a breeze.  Friends have complained the new system for setting recordings is complicated.  I also prefer the 'Search' option on the old guide.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There is no reason that the old guide (SARA) shouldnt be updating on that box.

Have you had a tech out to check on the signal levels? Could be as simple as a bad splitter or something... a quick fix.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@ChrisCross The SA8300 still has the old SARA Guide. With the 8642 there was the option to upgrade to the newer RTN Guide, but once you did, there was no going back if you didn't like it. The old guide updates just fine on my 8300 and there's no reason why it shouldn't on your 8642. It could be a signal or bad splitter issue. There is no reason why Rogers should come fix it.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@ChrisCross wrote:

Purchased 3 years ago.  Explorer HD.  It's the signal not the box that's the issue. 

Is there a model number on the front of the box?  8300 perhaps?  Is the box silver in colour?

The problem may not be the signal.   We just need a straight answer to the questions.  Telling us when you bought it isn't helping.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Model number 8642.  The box is black.  This is the box in the  family room.

Model number 4642.  The box is black.  This is the box in the  bedroom.

Both boxes do NOT receive updates and I still see the old style TV guide with bright colors ( e.g. I can choose the background colors - roller rink, etc.)   Also, on demand channels never load - which is probably a good thing and saves me money.

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @ChrisCross

Thanks for posting in the Community Forums.

We’d like to take a closer look into this for you.

Please send us a private message to @CommunityHelps the next time you are online and we can assist you further.

@RogersPrasana

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@ChrisCross wrote:

Both boxes do NOT receive updates and I still see the old style TV guide with bright colors ( e.g. I can choose the background colors - roller rink, etc.)   Also, on demand channels never load - which is probably a good thing and saves me money.

Perfect.  Exactly what we needed.  Yeah, this sounds like a signal issue, especially with the On Demand not working.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@ChrisCross wrote:

Okay, so you have the old SARA guide that looks like this:

http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac133/LTJ_photos/7d154e23.jpg

As I said earlier, a (couple?) of years ago there was the option to update to the more "modern" RTN guide like this:

http://www.digitaljournal.com/img/5/1/6/1/3/0/i/1/0/7/o/Interactive_TV_Guide.jpg

If you are in one of the experimental areas testing the Navigatr  guide, your RTN guide would have updated to Navigatr (or as those who have been getting it report, "downgraded"). But if you have the old SARA guide, it won't change.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario