TSN and TSN2 HD

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

TSN and TSN2 HD

Are TsnHD and Tsn 2 HD included in the VIP package, or will i still have to get the HD specialty pack?

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: TSN and TSN2 HD

I had to get the HD specialty pack to get these 2 channels in HD. They are beyond the VIP package, at least in HD land. I'm not sure about SD.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi!

Can anyone in the community offer an answer to Bator88?

Thanks

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

I had to get the HD specialty pack to get these 2 channels in HD. They are beyond the VIP package, at least in HD land. I'm not sure about SD.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thanks Chris 🙂

Highlighted
I've Been Around

It is because TSN is a direct competitor with Sportsnet...so in other words...they are not going to offer their competition's best channel without charging extra for it.  You will notice that Sportsnet and Sportsnet HD don't require the HD pack. 

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I have vip and have both TSN and TSN2 in HD the only add'l package im scribing to is the sports pack that has goal tv and fox sports world.

the reason the hd channels is not part of the vip is they were negociated for different carriage. perhaps when they get re-negociated, ,they may be included as more ppl get hd and less get sd.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

really annoyed that these two aren't available standalone. I wanted them for the Formula 1 season, which is really 2 weekends a month for 9 months, and now I'm paying an extra $10 for the HD specialty pack. yes speedtv shows them in hd as well but not till the next day and i don't have time during the week to watch the race.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I received an automated call from Rogers today (Nov. 29, 2013) indicating that TSNHD, TSN2HD and A&EHD are now included in the VIP package at no extra charge. But when I phoned up to cancel my $9.95 HD Speciality Pak (which I only paid for to get TSNHD), it turns out that the supposed add-ons didn't happen at all. This appears to be deceptive marketing for no apparent purpose. Has anyone else experienced this time waster?

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

I have HD VIP pack and YES, they are all included. Used to be tsn and tsn HD were seperate but now channel 26 (toronto) is HD format whereas before it was regular tsn. Scrolled down to AE HD and it exists too. Been there for at least several months, maybe longer. First noticed all the HD channels in early summer. Cant speak for anyone else... 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I received the same call. I have had TSNHD all along, ever since I subscribed to VIP back in March. I do now also have TSN2HD (channel 507 in Ottawa).