TECHNICAL SUPPORT NEED TRAINING

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

TECHNICAL SUPPORT NEED TRAINING

I waited for 15 minutes for a technical support person to tell  me there was nothing wrong with my connection from Rogers standpoint - I had already rebooted the modem.  I've this problem twice before and the tech took over my computer and found that due to a Roger's technical switch, my modem had to be reconfigured.  Rogers did not advise customers this was taking place, many calls about it, why I had to wait half an hour to speak to someone.

Today this tech insisted there was something wrong with a brand new computer that has worked beautiful for months until

today, not able to connect.  I took my laptop next door and found how to fix the connection  - which turned out to be a rogers

problem.  Two months until I am free to move elsewhere.

****Edited Labels****

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: TECHNICAL SUPPORT NEED TRAINING

You wont hear any disagreements here.

Yeah.. Rogers and well as many other BIG companies suffer from this.. experienced it first hand.  Too many outsource i think

Its great having tech support.. as long as they actaualy KNOW how to do it, are technicaly trained, etc... they all just type in what your issue is, it brings up a knoledge base, and tell you what to do from there (which may not be anything to do with it), and dont know enough about what they are supporting, to think OUTSIDE that script to help.

I understand your frustration and if you leave, just make sure to do some research around on your other choices.. not just speed, etc, but make sure you compare their service people as well 🙂