TD Bank App on X10 Mini

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mr_Mcfly
I Plan to Stick Around

TD Bank App on X10 Mini

I'm not able to locate or download TD bank's Android app on my x10 mini.  I've used search in the market, and even scanned its barcode from another site, but I get no results.  I've been in touch with TD, and they couldn't tell me the problem, they said to talk to SE.  SE told me that I need to call the marketplace and ask (The guy kept referring to the Android marketplace as if it were a physical location, like a Denny's.  This didn't give me confidence in the words that came out of his mouth.)  Does anyone have an idea why this may be happening?  MY phone is not modified/rooted, and I got it through Rogers. 

If you read this and you have an x10 mini could you maybe check if you can find the app, and let me know?  I was prepared for a scaled down android phone when I got the mini, but if I can't even use my bank's app, then I'm afraid this thing's going into the river...

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Mathieu
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: TD Bank App on X10 Mini

Hi, 
I'm an Android app developer and I can tell you that the X10 Mini doesn't have access to a lot of apps on the Android Market.
The X10 Mini is what Google call a "LDPI Android device" (small screen + small screen resolution).
These "LDPI Android devices" require some work from the developer.
Since "LDPI Android devices" represent only 2.3% of all "Android devices", most of the developers don't update their app for "LDPI Android devices" compatibility.
As written in the Google Android documentation (link) :
"Publishing to Small Screen Devices:
To ensure the best experience for users on small-screen devices, Android Market only shows applications that explicitly declare support for small screens."

After checking the TD app Manifest, I can confirm you that this app is not compatible with the X10 Mini.

View solution in original post

All Replies
James
I'm a Senior Contributor

Hey Mr_Mcfly,

If you open the marketplace and search "TD" the first result is the app you are looking for.

It should be free and show pictures of the app, along with the descriptions.

Mr_Mcfly
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for the response!  I've tried that to the letter, and it's as if, as far as my phone is concerned, the app doesn't exist..  Even the bacode scan takes me to a page that says "no such app". 

I'm starting to think the government may be trying to get back into my head..   They must not have learned their lesson last time.... 

(That was a joke)

James
I'm a Senior Contributor

That's odd. Are you using the standard Rogers software with it or have you modified your phone in any way? (eg rooting or using other firmware)

I checked the TD website and they agreed with my instructions for download. I am able to see the app just fine on my phone as well. You might have to do a restore if nothing else works...but if we get to that, you may as well wait until 2.1 and try it again at that point.
Mr_Mcfly
I Plan to Stick Around

Nope, it's exactly stock.  I've had other issues lately, so I just reset it yesterday, and still no luck..  Is your phone an X10 mini, by chance?  I'm hoping someone who has a stock one reads this and lets me know if they can see the app..I've got a few issues that I'm hoping the update resolves, otherwise I guess I'll send this in for repair.  It's hard to trust a phone that turns itself off and on sporadically.

James
I'm a Senior Contributor

I have an X10, however it wouldn't matter which Android phone you use as they all use the same marketplace.

I would agree with you though, if your having all those other issues it may just be best to send it in for repair that way you won't have to worry about any of those things any longer.

Mathieu

Hi, 
I'm an Android app developer and I can tell you that the X10 Mini doesn't have access to a lot of apps on the Android Market.
The X10 Mini is what Google call a "LDPI Android device" (small screen + small screen resolution).
These "LDPI Android devices" require some work from the developer.
Since "LDPI Android devices" represent only 2.3% of all "Android devices", most of the developers don't update their app for "LDPI Android devices" compatibility.
As written in the Google Android documentation (link) :
"Publishing to Small Screen Devices:
To ensure the best experience for users on small-screen devices, Android Market only shows applications that explicitly declare support for small screens."

After checking the TD app Manifest, I can confirm you that this app is not compatible with the X10 Mini.

View solution in original post

James
I'm a Senior Contributor

Oh wow, thanks for that informative information Mathieu!

Well, that answers your question about why TD doesn't show up.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Mr_Mcfly
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for the help guys.  Especially after tech support at TD AND Sony Ericsson failed me.  I don't remember seeing or hearing anything about this when i was looking into the phone, as that probably would have been a dealbreaker...  This probably isn't the right place to be asking this, but if I were to pick up an unlocked HTC, would it be fully functional on this network data-wise if I keep my data plan?  

Mathieu

I'm pretty sure Rogers doesn't mind if you're using an unlocked HTC phone as long as you're using the Rogers network and paying your Rogers bills.

There are many HTC phones available and not all of them will work on the Rogers network.