TCM audio problem?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

TCM audio problem?

Is it just me or is the audio on Turner Classic Movies screwed up? (only seems to come from right speaker).  All the other channels seem to work fine.

I should point out I have regular (non-HD) cable, and don't presently use the recently distributed Rogers "HD black box".

In recording TCM movies with my new Magnasonic DVR, I notice the sound is only on the right side (very faint on the left), and ditto when watching TCM either through the DVR tuner, or just the TV tuner.

I'm trying to record some films during their "31 days of Oscar" series, so this is frustrating...

Anybody else have this problem with TCM audio?

***Edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: TCM audio problem?

Unfortunately i dont have an easy setup to actualy test the analog for that channel Smiley Sad (projector in one location so no analog tuner, and the other walmount no where near the wall plug).
All i can say is that the digital channel is working, at least in my area.

I havent seen anything on them droping that channel on analog yet.. but its possible something with what they are doing with analog has done something with it.
unfortunately, NOTHING is guaranteed anymore on the analog spectrum Smiley Sad

I've Been Around

Re: TCM audio problem?

yes, october and the audio and visual are out of sync. You hear them speak before their mouths move.  The other hits on this page say the problem is with the cable provider but I don't think so.  They need to fix it because I cannot watch it like this.