TBS channel - coming back to Rogers?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

TBS channel - coming back to Rogers?

The TBS channel was removed several years back and replaced with Peachtree from Atlanta.  Being that some programming currently on FOX will now be transferred to TBS and NOT be continued to be carried on Global, will Rogers be considering picking up TBS once again from the US?  Thank you.  

***Edited labels***

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: TBS channel - coming back to Rogers?

Where did you fine it Global would be dropping the programs?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Matou84

Uhh, i haven't heard Global dropping any shows?. Can u provide a link or something to back that up?.

I doubt Rogers or any Canadian provider will get it. Read below.

TBS's programming was previously made available to cable and satellite subscribers in Canada through the WTBS Atlanta feed. However, theCanadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission had only approved the Atlanta station's broadcast signal to be carried on cable and satellite providers domestically across Canada, not the TBS cable feed.[2][3] As a result, following the separation of TBS and WTBS/WPCH in 2007, Canadian cable and satellite subscribers received access to WPCH/Atlanta (branded as "Peachtree TV"), instead of TBS. Most of TBS's flagship programming, such as postseason baseball and original series such as Conan, are not broadcast on WPCH-TV, but is instead carried on other Canadian specialty channels.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/TBS_(TV_network)
Highlighted
I've Been Around

I really wish Rogers would consider bringing back TBS. Peachtree TV shows the same movies over and over. I think they must be on a 4-6 week cycle. It's ridiculous. American Dad is now on TBS (although I can watch it on Much on Mondays)
There are quite a few TV shows that I want to watch that are only available on TBS. C'mon Roger's bring back TBS please.

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Hello @anneMW,

As per @Meowmix's post from 2014:

TBS's programming was previously made available to cable and satellite subscribers in Canada through the WTBS Atlanta feed. However, the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission had only approved the Atlanta station's broadcast signal to be carried on cable and satellite providers domestically across Canada, not the TBS cable feed.  As a result, following the separation of TBS and WTBS/WPCH in 2007, Canadian cable and satellite subscribers received access to WPCH/Atlanta (branded as "Peachtree TV"), instead of TBS. Most of TBS's flagship programming, such as postseason baseball and original series such as Conan, are not broadcast on WPCH-TV, but is instead carried on other Canadian specialty channels.

Rogers cannot bring TBS back, because they technically never dropped it - Turner Networks re-branded WTBS to WPCH-TV and offered the "TBS" national feed to cable subscribers in the USA.  As Rogers (and other providers/BDUs) didn't have the rights to the TBS national feed, we were left out in the cold.

Given that most TBS programming is carried by other Canadian networks, I am not sure if it makes sense for Rogers to try and negotiate for it.  Would probably cause our rates to go up! 🙂

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

What channel is consn obrien on at night. 

Whst channel is tbs

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

CTV.ca lists Conan as airing on CTV 130am est Monday to Thursday