System Maintenance - Questionable Schedule

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

System Maintenance - Questionable Schedule

I logged on to MyRogers at 7am today and received this message:

MyRogers will undergo scheduled maintenance from April 11 (9 pm EST) to April 12 (8 am EST). During maintenance you won’t be able to access your wireless, internet, TV or home phone details within MyRogers, or be able to do so by calling our call centre. However, you’ll still be able to manage Smart Home Monitoring by clicking on this link.

First, although I admit it's a minor point, we are on EDT, not EST.

Second, times shown in the message are questionable. When I logged in at 7am, my account information was already unavailable, even though the message states it begins at 9pm today.

If anyone at Rogers is reading this, maybe they can straigten out the facts in this message.Smiley Tongue

***edited labels***

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: System Maintenance - Questionable Schedule

I don't get that message and can see my information.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Just tried it again and now can see my account info. I'm still getting the message at the top of the screen right after I log in. It doea not show up on other pages when looking at account info.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

I don't see that.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Okay, I didn't see that message in the morning, like @jimboden but did in the evening when I tried to log into this board and couldn't because of it.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

So every night "My Rogers" is unavailable due to daily maintenance from 2:00am - 5:00am.(I think I have the times right, it might be longer)
I don't see any improvements on a daily basis. Is it not strange that a company specializing in telecommunications can't keep a website up for 24hrs. Every time there is an update to an app on my phone or say my ps4, they list the changes they've made. Can't they make improvements while the system is running? There shouldn't be a reason to take their site offline on a daily basis.
I'm sure this doesn't affect many people and if I can't get on, I just go on the next day. I just think it's strange is all.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Mantenance can be many things.

Could be things like how the data is polled say for usage, and droped in the database which is shown on the myrogers.. may not be able to do live.

Database maintance.. such as cleanup, compression, etc... CAN be done while live, but is often safter to do when the database is offline.
(i know my previous work, their main oracle database, they did 2-3 times a week, and brought it down to do the cleanup, etc)

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Did you clear your browser cache and history? I see this alot when i am at work, it normally fixes it. However if its an account issue, you may want to reach out to live chat