Switching to Z10 from s2

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lund
I've Been Here Awhile

Switching to Z10 from s2

So I've lost my Samsung galaxy s2 and I have two months remaining on my contract. I want to buy the z10 outright this way I can just stay month to month with Rogers. Will this make my monthly cost cheaper as I am not subsidizing the phone?

I have gotten a new activated SIM card which cost me ten bucks. Would Rogers still charge me the $35 activation fee if I order a z10 through them? Also will my plan automatically switch to month to month after expiry?

Thanks!

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Switching to Z10 from s2

Hello lund

No it will not. The monthly plan will stay the same as it is now. You just wont be on a contract & be on a month to month bases. The price will not change unless you have a discount or you want to change the plan.

No Rogers will NOT charge you a fee to activate the sim. The $35 fee is ONLY if you upgrade to a new phone on a contract or open a new line. All you have to do is pay for the sim card & then activate it. They will charge you the outright price. Best to call the store you will go to & ask them. Each store has different rules on how they do things.

Yes once your contract is up, your contract will go to month - month bases. Beware tho that Rogers reps will call you every week to get you to go back on a contract. Same once you go to the store & buy the phone outright, they will tell you the same.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello lund

No it will not. The monthly plan will stay the same as it is now. You just wont be on a contract & be on a month to month bases. The price will not change unless you have a discount or you want to change the plan.

No Rogers will NOT charge you a fee to activate the sim. The $35 fee is ONLY if you upgrade to a new phone on a contract or open a new line. All you have to do is pay for the sim card & then activate it. They will charge you the outright price. Best to call the store you will go to & ask them. Each store has different rules on how they do things.

Yes once your contract is up, your contract will go to month - month bases. Beware tho that Rogers reps will call you every week to get you to go back on a contract. Same once you go to the store & buy the phone outright, they will tell you the same.

View solution in original post

lund
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you for the quick reply. I went to a few Rogers plus stores and they wouldn't allow me to buy out the z10; contract only.

I appreciate the information and will go from there! Thanks again
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello lund

That is because Rogers stores have been told to sell them under contact to make more sells email money. If you check on CrackBerry community, many have posted this. Call the stores before going and see what they say. Try Future Shop and Best Buy. See what they can do.

You can always buy it threw Kijiji or other websites. Many people are selling it brand new with Rogers