Switching sim card from blackberry to nexus 4

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Switching sim card from blackberry to nexus 4

Hello,

I recently ordered a nexus 4 from google and it arrived on tuesday. The phone I used before the nexus was a blackberry torch 9800. The blackberry uses a normal sim and the nexus requires a micro sim. If I get my normal sim cut would there be a problem with using it? should I just buy a new micro sim from rogers and how can I tranfer the information from my old account to the new sim?

Thanks

****Edited Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Switching sim card from blackberry to nexus 4

Hello iuserogers

You COULD cut the sim card BUT i would suggest you get someone to do it for you that knows how to cut it perfectly. You could by accident cut the gold bars on the bottom of the sim.

All your contacts can be saved on Google if you have a google account OR on Outlook. You can then transfer them using those.

A Micro Sim card will cost $9.99+tax.
I've Been Here Awhile

ok. thanks for the help
I Plan to Stick Around

FYI I tried to cut my Sim to work on the N4. Even if you cut it and compare it to the new microsim, the gold part is a bit shifted.

It didn't work for me when I tried (but I knew i was going to get a microsim anyway)

Enjoy your Nexus 4. =)