Switching old phones

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Switching old phones

Can I switch from my blackberry to my old iPhone 3GS without having to do anything extra like actually talking to Rogers about it? I'm fed up with the minimal battery life, the freezing when I use the internet or just checking the texts on my phone or the dropped calls (which I know is Rogers fault). I really don't want to spend 600$ for a new phone (including the early contract fee) since I don't have that kind of money, but I need a phone that won't leave me stranded in the middle of downtown Toronto because the battery died (this has happened on more that 3 occasions, battery draining faster every time without even using it that often). I'm a student who is in class for hours and usually get out after dark where it would be nice to have a working phone when walking alone at night.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Switching old phones

Hello Oswinox

As long as the sim card fits, you should be fine!. If you need to change sim cards, you can go get one at a Rogers stores or any Rogers authorized Rogers dealer for $9.99+ tax. Ask them to activate the new sim card.
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks!! I shall try that!
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Oswinox

You are welcome!. The iPhone 3GS uses a Normal Sim card so as long as you have a Normal size sim card, you should be just fine!!.:)