Switching from GS3 to Nexus 4

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Switching from GS3 to Nexus 4

Hey guys,

I just recently bought the Nexus 4 from Google, and I was wondering what I need to do to switch. Do I need to go into a Rogers store, or can I just switch sim cards? I was just wondering since i THINK my GS3 has an LTE sim?

Thanks guys

****Edited Labels****

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Switching from GS3 to Nexus 4

Hello jacetenor

The Nexus 4 uses a micro sim card just like the Galaxy S3 does. It does not matter if the sim card is a LTE one. You can still pop it into your Nexus 4 or any other device which uses a micro sim card & you will still get GSM / EDGE / 3G & 4G ( HSPA+). So i would just suggest using the sim card you have at the moment instead of paying another $9.99+ taxes for a regular micro sim which will do the same thing as the sim you have now.
I've Been Around

Nexus 4 is confirmed to have a working LTE Chip, so you can pop in your LTE card and enjoy the speeds 😉

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXOY9EVZ4vA

I Plan to Stick Around

I read that also...slow speed on download for LTE though..Ive seen as high as 70 up  on my GS3, I would say I average around 45 or so. Could just be telus I suppose?

Meow is correct though, just pop your sim in and it ought to work, if want  LTE just follow the videolink and away you go!

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Well, not exactly.
The Nexus 4 doesn't have all the hardware requirements to connect to LTE so it will only have half the speed as any real LTE device will have in the same condition.
Also, the battery was not choose to be used like this so expect poor battery life.
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi, just queries  how is the phone as a phone, call clarity and reception compered to your GS3

Thanks

I Plan to Stick Around

Also if you switch the phone mode from WCDMA Preferred to LTE/GSM, change your APN from rogers-core-appl1.apn to ltemobile.apn

I noticed I has to switch it to get data to work and it began to download at 13 MB/s.

But then again I don't have an LTE Plan so I'm just maxing out 4G speeds.