Switching from Fido to Rogers?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Switching from Fido to Rogers?

I recently switched from Fido to Rogers with less than 6 months left on my Fido contract and was toldb that the fee would be waived. Now they are charging me $100 for an early cancellation fee. I've called Rogers and they said they couldn't do anything about it and said that they usually don't do this when I know they do.

I heard that I have to stay with Rogers for 30 days so will Rogers reimburse me or do I have to call them? How does it work?

****Edited Labels****

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Switching from Fido to Rogers?

Hello mlam53

When you called Fido to cancel, did they write a note on the account that it would be free? If so call back Fido & have them look into the account. They still keep records for a good few months just incase anything happens.

Yes you will need to stay with Rogers for more then 30 days for the credit to be applied on the account from Fido's side. Also you need to get a 2-3 year term in order to get that credit as well.
I Plan to Stick Around

in 1999 peoples said Rogers and Fido got married was that true ? are they  both family or ...?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello RandySolara

Rogers bought Fido many years ago. Ever since then, Rogers owns and controls Fido. They are seperate companies BUT Rogers does have the last say in everything.
I Plan to Stick Around

They 1st divorced AT&T wireless right ? i still remember Cantel AT&T Wireless, Rogers kicked Cantel and took over AT&T "Rogers AT&T" for awhile ROgers divorced and married to Fido Smiley Wink hheeheheh