Switching between windows and android

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Switching between windows and android

I am currently using a LG G3. I like the phone but I don't love it. I've never used a Windows phone before but I'm leaning that way now, particularly with Windows 10 on its way. If I get a Nokia Lumia 830, would I be able to switch back and forth between the 830 and G3? I believe they use different sized aim cards but would I be able use an adapter?

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Switching between windows and android

Hello @Ronn2d2,

The Nokia Lumia 830 uses a nano sim which is smaller than the micro sim used in the LG G3. 

If you want to switch back and forth between phones, you can get a nano sim from Rogers retail and buy a nano to micro sim adapter. Not sure if the Rogers store would sell the adapter but you should be able to buy it from a third party cell phone shop or online. This will allow you to use your nano sim via a sim adapter in your LG G3. If you google "nano to micro sim adapter", it will give you an idea of what it looks like. 

Hope this helps 🙂

RogersHassam 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello @Ronn2d2,

The Nokia Lumia 830 uses a nano sim which is smaller than the micro sim used in the LG G3. 

If you want to switch back and forth between phones, you can get a nano sim from Rogers retail and buy a nano to micro sim adapter. Not sure if the Rogers store would sell the adapter but you should be able to buy it from a third party cell phone shop or online. This will allow you to use your nano sim via a sim adapter in your LG G3. If you google "nano to micro sim adapter", it will give you an idea of what it looks like. 

Hope this helps 🙂

RogersHassam 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Around

yea, just go to best buy and you can get he adapter for about $10