Switching SIMs on pay-as-you-go

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Switching SIMs on pay-as-you-go

Hi everyone,

I have an iphone 4 which I am going to replace with an iphone 5s or 6 soon. I'm on a pay-as-you-go plan since I don't use my phone all that much. When I get the new phone is it possible to keep my number?

I know with a normal wireless plan I can just use the online option to switch my SIM. But under the pay-as-you-go tab I can't see a similar option.

Has anyone done this?

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Switching SIMs on pay-as-you-go

When you go to the store to get the new phone or if you buy one used you then need to go to a Roger store and buy a nano sim. I thing they charge $70 for one if you buy a used phone (one will come with a new phone from Rogers but not the Apple store) they will then copy your micro sim data and put it on the the new one. Same number and any other info on it.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

When you go to the store to get the new phone or if you buy one used you then need to go to a Roger store and buy a nano sim. I thing they charge $70 for one if you buy a used phone (one will come with a new phone from Rogers but not the Apple store) they will then copy your micro sim data and put it on the the new one. Same number and any other info on it.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks, I'll give that a try!